My FULL FAT R/B 197, is now sold,

Status
Not open for further replies.
why thank you mate, :thumbup1:
i am actually looking for a good quality JPEG image of the new badge... :worried:

since we do not even have the part number here I want to get a decent decal made of it... in matt black ofcourse :thumbup:

i also am on the verge of getting my headlights and getting the wheels done.
If i do the headlights my Clio will be the 1st and only Nimbus 197 in SA with black projectors...

i am actually looking for a good quality JPEG image of the new badge... :worried:

since we do not even have the part number here I want to get a decent decal made of it... in matt black ofcourse :thumbup:

i also am on the verge of getting my headlights and getting the wheels done.
If i do the headlights my Clio will be the 1st and only Nimbus 197 in SA with black projectors...

sounds good mate, :wink:

thats what its all about, is to be different and stand out from the other 197,s.

if we all done the same thing it would be boring, lol :biggrin:

sounds good mate, :wink:

thats what its all about, is to be different and stand out from the other 197,s.

if we all done the same thing it would be boring, lol :biggrin:
well if we take into account...

I am also the only 197 with Matt Black and Grey interior... The only 197 with silver indicator bulbs... only 197 with black RS detailed inserts next to door indicators... 8) so standing out already in subtle ways... :thumbup:

well if we take into account...

I am also the only 197 with Matt Black and Grey interior... The only 197 with silver indicator bulbs... only 197 with black RS detailed inserts next to door indicators... 8) so standing out already in subtle ways... :thumbup:

keep up the good work, im still not convinced on the new RS badges though TBH. I like the idea of the front RS badge though..

keep up the good work, im still not convinced on the new RS badges though TBH. I like the idea of the front RS badge though..

cheers Robo,

its not everyone,s cup of tea tbh, ( i like it tho ). :smile:

i might order the front RS badge at the weekend as it will go with the RS number plate i have got my eye on. :lol:

200 rear diffuser or number plate, not made my mind up yet. :confused1:

cheers Robo,

its not everyone,s cup of tea tbh, ( i like it tho ). :smile:

i might order the front RS badge at the weekend as it will go with the RS number plate i have got my eye on. :lol:

200 rear diffuser or number plate, not made my mind up yet. :confused1:

Diffuser wins hands down imo. 8)

finally got round to fitting my new footrest,

sorry for the small pics as photobucket wouldnt let me copy the IMG for some reason ?

th_DSC00473.jpgth_DSC00474.jpgth_DSC00475.jpg

i managed to snap the center pop rivet at my first attempt lol, i dont think its that noticeable tho.

Looks good mate, you managed it in the end then lol

Nah you can't notice the centre one, I did exactly the same but just stuck a normal rivet in and it looks no different!

Looks good mate, you managed it in the end then lol

Nah you can't notice the centre one, I did exactly the same but just stuck a normal rivet in and it looks no different!

yes cheers for the PM as well mate, :wink:

like you say it only seems to attach to the rubber under the carpet, but its solid and it aint going anywhere lol,

never used a rivet gun before jesus that thing had be going crazy, lol :blink:

just a little update,

after ordering some wheel nut covers which i received, they sent me the wrong ones so i gave them to my sister, lol

then i decided to give them a go myself as i did on my old ST, so i am doing them in satin black which will match my center caps that i am doing afterwards,

just a couple of pics in progress before i get them back on the car,

DSC00486.jpg

DSC00487.jpg

DSC00490.jpg

DSC00488.jpg

will get some more pics up when i have done them all along with the center caps as well.

yes cheers for the PM as well mate, :wink:

like you say it only seems to attach to the rubber under the carpet, but its solid and it aint going anywhere lol,

never used a rivet gun before jesus that thing had be going crazy, lol :blink:

No probs mate, I hadn't either - thought I was doing something wrong after it took about 10 squeezes of the trigger to break the rivet lol was a cheapo gun though

Those bolts look awesome too, is it just a case of getting a good few coats of lacquer on to protect them? I remember doing some once and they looked great until the socket slipped over them to tighten them up :@

No probs mate, I hadn't either - thought I was doing something wrong after it took about 10 squeezes of the trigger to break the rivet lol was a cheapo gun though

Those bolts look awesome too, is it just a case of getting a good few coats of lacquer on to protect them? I remember doing some once and they looked great until the socket slipped over them to tighten them up :@

i would say yes Adam,

but when i done my other ones (old car) i didnt use lacquer at all and they never cracked or flaked at all. ?

but this time i will use 2 coats of satin black (hamerite) and then 2 coats of lacquer, should be job done then. :thumbup1:

well after doing my nuts black i then done the center caps satin black as well.

i think they came out quite well and over all i am pleased with them.

before i started,

DSC00492.jpg
DSC00493.jpg
DSC00491.jpg

and after,

DSC00500.jpg
DSC00502.jpg
DSC00506-1.jpg
DSC00505.jpg

i think they look alot better myself.

what do you think.

Status