My FULL FAT R/B 197, is now sold,

Status
Not open for further replies.
right not done anything to the car for about a month,

i am looking into getting the side bullets done in carbon fibre, ideally real carbon, which i think it will go well against the R/B and black speedlines,

but my question is do i go for the front and rear diamonds done in carbon fibre as well, again ideally real carbon. i dont know why i have a doubt in my mind about the diamonds tho. ? ( nothing to do with the price btw ).

any thoughts guys.

Only issue I have with them is having to bond them on :worried:
The ones me and dave are looking at maybe a while yet although they should have clips.

Only issue I have with them is having to bond them on :worried:
The ones me and dave are looking at maybe a while yet although they should have clips.

thats my only problem tbh Jase if i spend that much on something its nice to sell it back to someone cheaper further down the line, but if you have to bond them on as well that wont be the case will it ? :jumpon:

i will wait and see how you get on then Jase, :jase:

could you not use 3m double sided tape ?

i dont think i could risk it tbh Si, :'(

the side bullets are 90-100 quid delivered and to have them stuck on with some tape would be a bit nervy, lol ( someone could quite easy come along and just wip um off ).

anybody else got any veiws on the diamonds ? is it me or are they a love or hate thing. ?

Could you not get them done in the water transfer stuff that Jase did in the engine bay? I know its not the real thing but it would keep the lettering etc and should have the look you are after!? Also you wouldn't have to worry about them being nicked...

Could you not get them done in the water transfer stuff that Jase did in the engine bay? I know its not the real thing but it would keep the lettering etc and should have the look you are after!? Also you wouldn't have to worry about them being nicked...

cheers Paul,

when i get back from my hols in a couple of weeks i will order the side bullets in carbon from S/C, not going to bother with the front and rear diamonds now,

then i might be tempted to go for a carbon bonnet with the stripes on like the Gordini style in R/B. ( if one pops up cheap (woody) ), lol

not seen it done before on a R/B so might need a photoshop first, :smile:

new engine bling is on the way,

met Mark ( Exon ) today with my blue hoses, i must admit they do look very good quality. cheers mate.

also my blue hose covers should be here some time this week as well.

pics to follow.

new engine bling is on the way,

met Mark ( Exon ) today with my blue hoses, i must admit they do look very good quality. cheers mate.

also my blue hose covers should be here some time this week as well.

pics to follow.

edit pics, ***

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

i will get some final pics when its all complete. :thumbup1:

right after waiting nearly a week for these hoses to turn up i went about fitting them today, i decided to go for this sort of hose instead of the other crinkly one,s you can get,

IMG_0110.jpg

i know its been done a few times now but it does spruce the old engine bay up when you pop the lid,

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

i even had plenty left over to do the washer hoses as well which blends in quite nice.

IMG_0115.jpg

not done much for a while, but quite pleased with the out come.

Looks really good mate! Are they just fitted over the top of the exisiting hoses, in the same way as my type?

Dont suppose they do them in yellow do they??? :wink:

they are proper hoses Paul you do have to split them down the middle for them to go over the other hose/pipe.

as for the washer ones i took the old ones out and replaced them with these, ( straight swap ).

yes i think they do, do them in yellow mate,

i got them from Regals-motorsport they cost me £29 delivered for the complete set, i got loads left over as well.

Great, thanks for the link, I may replace the ones I have in a few weeks then. Those ones look so much better! Reasonable price too!

Status
Not open for further replies.