My FULL FAT R/B 197, is now sold,

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bet ure grinning from ear to ear. my cars on axle stands at minute trying to fit KW's, lines, disks and pads all at same time taken me 1 day so far but its gotta be perfect. :smile: pictures will be posted with the process and before and after when im done, thanks Aron for the KWV3 set up tips :wink:

i bet ure grinning from ear to ear. my cars on axle stands at minute trying to fit KW's, lines, disks and pads all at same time taken me 1 day so far but its gotta be perfect. :smile: pictures will be posted with the process and before and after when im done, thanks Aron for the KWV3 set up tips :wink:

i am tbh mate, lol :wink:

let me know soon as what the brakes are like mate, if they are **** then dont bother, :rofl::rofl::rofl:

WOW those rears look great :wink:

So glad you happy with them mate, customer satifaction is my number 1 priority, thanks for the positive feedback :smile:

Chappo i love all but you must try the CL pads!!!

i will try them next Simmo as i have been told the standard pads wont last that long with my grooved disks, (any excuse), lol

( 6 weeks before i need some i will order them from K-TEC, :rofl::rofl::rofl: )

chappo . . . .. . all I have to say to you is get EBC redstuff my car stops on a pin head lol the pedal feels like rock cus of the lines and the disks are something else. my camera is currently playing up but as soon as i get 1 working the pics will be posted. the KW V3s make the car a different animal. well worth the money in my eyes. feels alot more planted and im sure it helps the brakes. only downside is the car feels slow as you dont get that squat under heavy acceleration but wow just wow

chappo . . . .. . all I have to say to you is get EBC redstuff my car stops on a pin head lol the pedal feels like rock cus of the lines and the disks are something else. my camera is currently playing up but as soon as i get 1 working the pics will be posted. the KW V3s make the car a different animal. well worth the money in my eyes. feels alot more planted and im sure it helps the brakes. only downside is the car feels slow as you dont get that squat under heavy acceleration but wow just wow

great news mate, :tongueout:anic:

did you get the fronts on without any issues, someone over on RS said that Si had to re-drill is holes to fit not sure if thats true or not, :@

how long did it take to fit the pads, disks, and lines mate ?

i think my next mod is going to be a set of KW,s not sure wich is the best 1 or 3 (why dont they make 2), lol :lol:

cannot wait.

they do make a 2 but not compatible with RS197. they fitted on fine, no re-drilling if i had to do that they wudve been sent back. it took me about 4 hours to strip down as i didnt want to bend the retaining pins getting them out on the fronts. the lines u need a suction tool that my mate lent me to bleed all the air and then refill the fluid once fitted once the calipers are off its plain sailing. unbolt front shockers took a while to figure out but got there in the end. coilis are a perfect OEM replacement no messing straight in. (the set up takes longest) had a look at KW's website if you wana waste £6k u can buy a set of cup sport digital coilis lol.
by far the v3's are the best choice. ive got mine sat right on its backside at the minute . . . . . low rider lmao just for a laugh im gunna put a proper set up on them today. ill post pictures when i get my camera to play nicely.

they do make a 2 but not compatible with RS197. they fitted on fine, no re-drilling if i had to do that they wudve been sent back. it took me about 4 hours to strip down as i didnt want to bend the retaining pins getting them out on the fronts. the lines u need a suction tool that my mate lent me to bleed all the air and then refill the fluid once fitted once the calipers are off its plain sailing. unbolt front shockers took a while to figure out but got there in the end. coilis are a perfect OEM replacement no messing straight in. (the set up takes longest) had a look at KW's website if you wana waste £6k u can buy a set of cup sport digital coilis lol.
by far the v3's are the best choice. ive got mine sat right on its backside at the minute . . . . . low rider lmao just for a laugh im gunna put a proper set up on them today. ill post pictures when i get my camera to play nicely.

cheers for that mate,

i would have done the same as you, if i had to start re-drilling them to fit then they would have gone back as well. :jase:

hopefully i will get them fitted this week. ( i hate waiting ), lol :001_rolleyes:

lol thats y i fitted myself. my mechanic friend wanted 200 quid for fitting KW's, discs, pads and lines. makes the car feel safer with a rock hard brake pedal that the slightest touch ure stoppin lol. redstuff are the nuts too hardly any dust even after shall we say spirited driving and there not bad from cold.

lol thats y i fitted myself. my mechanic friend wanted 200 quid for fitting KW's, discs, pads and lines. makes the car feel safer with a rock hard brake pedal that the slightest touch ure stoppin lol. redstuff are the nuts too hardly any dust even after shall we say spirited driving and there not bad from cold.

i dont know why i didnt go for the redstuffs tbh, i had them on my old ST and couldnt fault them one bit and i had white OZ, superturismo,s on at the time and they gave off very little brake dust and i didnt find them that bad from cold either.

im such a :whatever: at times, lol

it wont take them grooved disks long to eat through the OE pads neways 4 to 5 months then buy reds, im swapping for yellows when i go out on tracks. ive also orderd a pair of new rotors from Ktec incase they are hard to get hold of in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.