My Full Fat Mistress - 293bhp F4RT - The end of an era...

Almost into Nissan GTR money though

True but a GTR is powered by a NASA computer and virtually drives itself, great if you want a playstation car but I want something that takes a bit of driver involvement. Plus to mod and run a GTR you are looking at a serious leap in finances. An Elise for me is not even £300 to insure.

Ok...... GTR & Micra same badge
Clio and Modus or Captur..... Need I say more? Chassis by lotus and a decent turbo engine for sub £15k..... It's not a bad idea lol

Have ya tried getting in and out of one? Sensible thinking now but..... You will need a daily driver as well so, exige + daily driver gonna be talking of a 10 year old exige for £25k plus a daily driver, so ya gonna be in the £30k plus section.
C63 AMG / M3 / M5 such a world of endless possibilities haha

In that case i'll keep it lol.

In 2 minds about Neils tbh, great car but i thought 13k was a tad too high for an 09 plate conversion, I know its low millage but sometimes that presents problems in itself when a car isn't used.

Just an FYI on mine, I've had loads of interest at 13k - just not much on the forum.

I've got a guy coming to buy it when I get back from my hols. That's if he's true to his word!!

Any way he's said if it is as advertised (which it is) he'll take it on the day- time will tell.

I personally don't think 13k is a lot for the car you will be getting, an immaculate AG200, low miles, 250, hybrid, custom cooler & hard pipe kit, KW V3's, brand new breaks and AD08R tyres etc etc

We shall she chaps . . .

And Angel - in my view yours is worth 10k all day long! Put it on pistonheads - I've had almost daily enquiries about mine!

Have ya tried getting in and out of one? Sensible thinking now but..... You will need a daily driver as well so, exige + daily driver gonna be talking of a 10 year old exige for £25k plus a daily driver, so ya gonna be in the £30k plus section.

They are a challenge to get in an out of I agree and I would kind of use it as a daily. Caroline is getting a brand new car when we get back from our holiday so we are getting something that can be used as the family car.

A C63 is the only one out of those that I could ever consider in the future but all 3 you mention are the polar opposite to a Lotus and not at all what I am looking for in a car. Always wanted to own a Lotus so it's something I have to do.

Just an FYI on mine, I've had loads of interest at 13k - just not much on the forum.

I've got a guy coming to buy it when I get back from my hols. That's if he's true to his word!!

Any way he's said if it is as advertised (which it is) he'll take it on the day- time will tell.

I personally don't think 13k is a lot for the car you will be getting, an immaculate AG200, low miles, 250, hybrid, custom cooler & hard pipe kit, KW V3's, brand new breaks and AD08R tyres etc etc

We shall she chaps . . .

And Angel - in my view yours is worth 10k all day long! Put it on pistonheads - I've had almost daily enquiries about mine!

Didnt mean anything bad by what I said, just a perception I have about Clios including mine mate. That's awesome you have a buyer, I think I have one too but if it falls through I'll stick it on Pistonheads as I've made up my mind now. Who knows after 6 months I may return to a megged Clio as they are so good.

I've just got a few bits to finish of the car, it has a small 5p sized car park ding in the door that'll be sorted next week and I'll get it fully detailed with a machine polish, once that's done it'll be ready to go.

Hi Fernandez,

In this post, Have you enumerated the pieces and the total price of the swap?

I saw this, but not the price: http://www.clio197.net/forum/showth...nother-project&p=418365&viewfull=1#post418365

Thanks mate

Hard to say how much everything has cost me but I don't think I'd be far wrong if I said I'd spent about what the car cost me originally in modding it and servicing it.

I think you should move on, youve maxed a clio and now should tackle a new project

Ive been very reserved in my comments about meg'd clios, yea its 300+hp but its a clio, if a neutral was to ask you what you drove and you said a clio thats 300+hp i doubt theyd be overly impressed, say you have an exige or something along those lines, its far more appealing, dont mean that to come across as a tw@ty post as I have alot of respect for your clio and the time and effort put into it (partially rs biased lol) if your debating moving on. . . . Go for it :smile:

I think you should move on, youve maxed a clio and now should tackle a new project

Ive been very reserved in my comments about meg'd clios, yea its 300+hp but its a clio, if a neutral was to ask you what you drove and you said a clio thats 300+hp i doubt theyd be overly impressed, say you have an exige or something along those lines, its far more appealing, dont mean that to come across as a tw@ty post as I have alot of respect for your clio and the time and effort put into it (partially rs biased lol) if your debating moving on. . . . Go for it :smile:

Very well put tbh Jay and I can totally agree with you.

The Clio is an amazing car both out the box and when megged but honestly it is still a Clio and there's nothing wrong with saying that. As you point out I think I have reached the end to where I can go with it.

Yes I could forge it but tbh to much power can spoil things and as it is its a fantastic car that would give a std Elise a very good run for its money. I have toyed with the idea of an Exige but that would swallow my entire budget so I wouldn't be able to put my own stamp on it. For that reason the Elise seems ideal and a very well tuned Elise with a good geo set up will put my fears to rest that I'm not doing the right thing and will still put a smile on my face.

On the plus side someone will get a very enjoyable, addictive and rapid Clio to play with without the dramas, sweat and money that these conversions cost.

Very well put tbh Jay and I can totally agree with you.

The Clio is an amazing car both out the box and when megged but honestly it is still a Clio and there's nothing wrong with saying that. As you point out I think I have reached the end to where I can go with it.

Yes I could forge it but tbh to much power can spoil things and as it is its a fantastic car that would give a std Elise a very good run for its money. I have toyed with the idea of an Exige but that would swallow my entire budget so I wouldn't be able to put my own stamp on it. For that reason the Elise seems ideal and a very well tuned Elise with a good geo set up will put my fears to rest that I'm not doing the right thing and will still put a smile on my face.

On the plus side someone will get a very enjoyable, addictive and rapid Clio to play with without the dramas, sweat and money that these conversions cost.

First, happy birthday Mr F. Second good luck with your new endeavors. For me the car is and continues to be a project. Its not about it being a clio, project cars come in all shapes and sizes. Also its something that me and my son have enjoyed together which is invaluable and I have no interest in impressing or the views on what people think. That side, to date at 47, I've not owned a car (and I've owned a few) thats generated this much interest. Like all good projects, there's a start, middle and end. Onward and upwards I say......

First, happy birthday Mr F. Second good luck with your new endeavors. For me the car is and continues to be a project. Its not about it being a clio, project cars come in all shapes and sizes. Also its something that me and my son have enjoyed together which is invaluable and I have no interest in impressing or the views on what people think. That side, to date at 47, I've not owned a car (and I've owned a few) thats generated this much interest. Like all good projects, there's a start, middle and end. Onward and upwards I say......

Cheers Wilson, it is true that the Clio does create attention in the right circles. I'll let you know if I regret selling when I PM you asking to buy yours. Lol