My Full Fat Mistress - 293bhp F4RT - The end of an era...

1623327_10152994736438840_743297811_n.jpg

Looks great in storm grey, is it a wrap? :lol:

Little update.. as some of you know I was spotted the other week getting rescued by the AA.

On further investigation it appears that the cambelt slipped causing it to rub on the bottom plastic pulley cover resulting in it cracking and throwing a piece of plastic into the belt. This then caused it to jumped as the timing was out by 3 teeth. The end result is all 8 exhaust valves were damaged. luckily there was no other damage to speak of.

The car should be finished Tuesday and is having all the jubilee clips replaced on the coolant pipes as they are leaking. It will also have another new waterpump, cambelt and Aux belt kit fitted, that's 3 cambelt services the cars had in its nearly 4 year life.. :smile:

IMG_3403_zps9abk7q57.jpg

Can't wait to get it back and with the new valves just about everything on the car is now new again. Had it been much worse I may have considered forging it however this past week I found myself contemplating the move over to something else as I do have a rather large Norfolk itch that needs scratching.

Last edited:
Little update.. as some of you know I was spotted the other week getting rescued by the AA. On further investigation it appears that the cambelt slipped causing it to rub on the bottom plastic pulley cover resulting in it cracking and throwing a piece of plastic into the belt. This then caused it to jumped as the timing was out by 3 teeth. The end result is all 8 exhaust valves were damaged. luckily there was no other damage to speak off. The car should be finished Tuesday and is having all the jubilee clips replaced on the coolant pipes as they are leaking. It will also have another new cambelt and Aux belt kit fitted, that's 3 cambelt services the cars had in its nearly 4 year life.. :smile: IMG_3403_zps9abk7q57.jpgCan't wait to get it back and with the new valves just about everything on the car is now new again. Had it been much worse I may have considered forging it however this past week I found myself contemplating the move over to something else as I do have a rather large Norfolk itch that needs scratching.

These forge water pipes are working well then!! Mine were leaking too! Now fixed!!

Loved my Exige S!! If you think these clios handle - your going to be blown away!!!!!

Bad news about the engine, but on the positive side, at least it's a relatively cheap, easy repair

Don't tease me Neil.. Question is would a NA exige be good enough to eclipse the Clio or would I need the SC version?

Don't get an NA mate, they are pants! They feel really really flat! Test drove one - no thanks!!

You need the SC version to be on par with clio performance