My Full Fat Mistress - 293bhp F4RT - The end of an era...

Fitted the front BC Racing Coilovers today. Had a few little niggles which were sorted pretty quickly so gonna run them fora while and report back. Hopefully we'll see these released soon but in the meantime heres the specs and a couple of snaps...

BR Series Street and Circuit Coilover

Pillowball upper mount
Camber adjustable top mounts
Aluminium top plates
30 way adjustable damping
Adjustable spring platform
Height adjustment via bottom mount to retain full damper travel
Bearing mounted upper front spring platform
Dust boot to protect damper seals

The BR series coilovers use a large 46mm diameter piston in a 53mm diameter damper body to maximise oil capacity.

As the damper unit opearates the oil contained within heats up. The viscosity of oil changes as its temperature varies which can lead to changes in the damping characteristic of the unit.

BC Racing only use a very high quality oil with their coilovers but go that extra mile to maximise performance and build their BR range with a large 53mm diameter damper body. This increases the capacity of the unit which increases the volume of oil contained which in turn reduces the peak temperature and so significantly improves damper performance.

br-top-closeup.jpg coilovers-br-series-thumb.jpg

20140107_102702_zpsfr2icxg4.jpg

20140107_103816_zpsc9fnq5ok.jpg

20140107_103824_zpsscaxpqj9.jpg

20140107_114918_zpsh53ythik.jpg

First impressions are really good, not really had chance to test them properly but im on 15 clicks which is halfway between hard and soft and they feel really good. At this level the ca is so comfortable compared to the Apex springs it was on before and even more planted through the corners. The car just stays flat wherever you point it.

I'll report more soon :thumbsup:

Had the BR series on my JCW Mini & absolutely loved them.
Please let me know (via pm) when they are available.
Thanks for the info.

The pillowball upper mount looks so much more upto the job than the standard top mounts on attached to most coilover kits.

whats the retail on these?

The time gap between my little ST and this just keeps getting bigger for How Fast lol.

Not a chance of sticking with this monster now lol.

Top works though.

Would be very interested in the review of the Coilies. Where's the catch at that price inc. adjustable top mounts?

Car's going to be mega.

No catch they are priced correctly and competitively.. The question should be "why are other collies so overpriced"

Not bad from thursday mate :smile: Shame I couldn't talk to you in a bit more depth. I passed by Friday but you were deep in conversation.

Hope it goes well tomorrow pal!

Fitted the front BC Racing Coilovers today. Had a few little niggles which were sorted pretty quickly so gonna run them fora while and report back. Hopefully we'll see these released soon but in the meantime heres the specs and a couple of snaps...

BR Series Street and Circuit Coilover

Pillowball upper mount
Camber adjustable top mounts
Aluminium top plates
30 way adjustable damping
Adjustable spring platform
Height adjustment via bottom mount to retain full damper travel
Bearing mounted upper front spring platform
Dust boot to protect damper seals

The BR series coilovers use a large 46mm diameter piston in a 53mm diameter damper body to maximise oil capacity.

As the damper unit opearates the oil contained within heats up. The viscosity of oil changes as its temperature varies which can lead to changes in the damping characteristic of the unit.

BC Racing only use a very high quality oil with their coilovers but go that extra mile to maximise performance and build their BR range with a large 53mm diameter damper body. This increases the capacity of the unit which increases the volume of oil contained which in turn reduces the peak temperature and so significantly improves damper performance.

br-top-closeup.jpg coilovers-br-series-thumb.jpg

20140107_102702_zpsfr2icxg4.jpg

20140107_103816_zpsc9fnq5ok.jpg

20140107_103824_zpsscaxpqj9.jpg

20140107_114918_zpsh53ythik.jpg

First impressions are really good, not really had chance to test them properly but im on 15 clicks which is halfway between hard and soft and they feel really good. At this level the ca is so comfortable compared to the Apex springs it was on before and even more planted through the corners. The car just stays flat wherever you point it.

I'll report more soon :thumbsup:

TOP!!!:bounce:

p.s. mex #1000