197: Mods + £= bhp?

You'd wanna keep 6th the same but have at least 1 2 3 4 shorter.

Thing is though they would not feel shorter as you match it to the extra 500revs you get from new cams etc. The only reason you'd want to keep 6th is so as not to affect mpg.

Couldn't agree more. A shorter 1, 2, 3 and 4th gear would "speed you up considerably.

Probably worth sticking a diff in if you were to change the ratios at the same time. Avoid paying twice to have the gearbox dropped.

Coming from a well sorted turbo car big bhp etc i made the change for reliability reasons .

To maintain a tuned tubo car costs allot of £££ in most cases .

Id love a SC on the clio but same problems agin around uprating all the other parts around it etc. . . i like the na route would like some more power i like the conversion for head work cams etc and the question is is it worth it . . no simple answer if you want a fast car then dont buy a clio . there are loads of fast cars out there the clio is not one . however if out the box you want something megga on track that will put you in the mix not ahead due to lacking pace on straights etc but in the thinck of it then this is the car .

I really like the way the op has put costs up its a real eye opener. :-D

I've always gone on the proviso of £100 per bhp.

Well thats what I was told. Good theory IMO

Everyone's obsessed with chasing bhp figures for forum kudos.

Drivability and response is what will make the car more exciting to drive on anywhere except the quatre mile.

'Bhp sells cars, Torque wins races'. :wink:

a shorter ratio option would be nice, think like the Evo Sprint Spec. Might only do 100mph but gets you there in 8 seconds. However think of the drone inside the car when on the m/way?

The gear ratio is pretty short as it is.

Everyone's obsessed with chasing bhp figures for forum kudos.

Drivability and response is what will make the car more exciting to drive on anywhere except the quatre mile.

'Bhp sells cars, Torque wins races'. :wink:

Not true. Power wins races. Torque on its own is nothing.

power is what you pay for....torque is what you feel

lets face it power is only a calculation derived from torque....

So in conclusion Nitrous is what we all need.

Sub £1000 kit for any level of power you dare use. ( for me thats 50bhp )

Easily the cheapest way to get gains, even with regular bottle fills.

So in conclusion Nitrous is what we all need.

Sub £1000 kit for any level of power you dare use. ( for me thats 50bhp )

Easily the cheapest way to get gains, even with regular bottle fills.

exactly THE mod to spend money on :cloud9:

Well I've not got the basic kit. I got the bling solenoids and the fancy controller and bottle heaters etc so mine weighs me in at about £2000.

However a basic kit which is more than adequate will cost around £600 and another £200 for professional fitting. Still cheaper than a supercharger or engine conversion which will give similar gains. But the real advantage is when you need to use the car as a car, it's standard and fuel efficient with the nos off, a supercharger can't be switched off :wink:

If I could get a neat install in the boot id do it as yeah would only use it when needed haha. :wink:

Who makes yours?

Henderson: a 25bhp shot will have 8 minutes of duration with an 11lb bottle, a 50bhp shot consuming it in 4 minutes.

However it worth noting that you never activate the system for more than 15 seconds at a time. I usually fill up 3 times a year at £70 a refill.

The longest I ever used it was on a flat out run for about a minute and I managed to hit the limiter in 6th!

Richy: The install design is completely upto you, most tend to hide the kit both in the car and under the bonnet because many consider nitrous to be 'cheating'.

I use Wizard of Nos equipment, it's far more superior over the American alternatives in my experience.

If I can hide it then I may well be getting some :wink:

You have a 50bhp shot don't you? Id be uprating the con rod bolts first! So tempting to do.

Similar Thread Suggestions