Mike's modified airbox experiment - cold airtastic!

Sounds interesting, guess if they're that good they might make it into cars at some point

Without doubt! At a recent IMechE talk they were on about a polymer that had potential for automotive moncoque useage. Just as strong as its aluminimum or steel equivelents, but only weighed 1/3 of the metal versions!

Sorry, back on topic :bat:

Quit watching bent ad's for 15 yr old girls about men having intimate moments and get the hell on with this Mike!

procrastination.png

Original point lost lol...

I wrapped my intakes up with DEI reflective tape and used my mates laptop with OBD reader to read the intake temps and on idle it was a small bit cooler. However as soon as i drove there was no advantage to heat protecting the intake.
Thats heat transfere from the head 2 the inlet. Ptfe gasket may reduce that.

for us here in South Africa, any reduction in intake temps would make the world of diffs! good luck mike with the tests...would love to see pics and progress!

Peace Out

FuzzRS

(TeamRenaultSport.com)

Work is keeping me occupied at the minute, but I'm working from home today so I may have some tinker time if the weather stays dry.

I've been running with the acoustic flap disabled for a week though, and that's causing no problems at all, so I'm confident it can be removed.

Work is keeping me occupied at the minute, but I'm working from home today so I may have some tinker time if the weather stays dry.

I've been running with the acoustic flap disabled for a week though, and that's causing no problems at all, so I'm confident it can be removed.

Should be ok Mike, i removed mine a few weeks ago and replaced it with a direct cold feed from the lower front grill. It feels a lot better now so im keeping it as it is. (unless anyone finds anything better??)

Yeah, same theory, although I've straightened the intake pipe which means I need to knock a corner off the battery box. I'll extend the grille one at some point when I get the bumper off, but doing it in stages means I can tell which bit does and doesn't work easier.

Where've you taken the feed from, my plan had been foglight grille, but then I keep looking at them and thinking brake cooling. Got a pic??

not got any pics, ive just run the pipe down to the grille at the bottom near to the fog light. Ive not done anything to the other inlet pipe (the one that runs accross the engine to the left side of the airbox as u look at it)
im waiting to see what u do 1st.

try deboxing the other inlet. Theres a box behind the bumper blocking air from the grill 2 the inlet pipe.

Guys, this post is getting on for two years old. >.< If you want answers, you may be better off PM'ing the OP.