MG returns to BTCC with Plato !!

I think its a good thing for him and the sport tbh. Dont think it'll be winning races outta the box but with 888 in charge it shouldnt be long before they do.

Can see why they signed Plato but Andy Neate as his partner? He's more of a demolition derby type driver than race driver.

I cannot wait for the BTCC and F1 to start again.

Its good to have manufacturers coming back in to the sport, even if it is MG. Good luck to them!

Plato is a demolition derby driver, but he creates spectacles whether he's winning or not and that to a team whos main priority will be publicity (from MG's point of view at least) is key.

Besides 888 should see them competitive in no time :smile:

Worst kept news but great news. RML was never going to build a NGTC car so this way Plato has a better prospect with MG.

rml probably got fed up with plato ranting about parrity or what ever it was, i cant stand the bloke give it 2 race meetings and he will be throwing his toys out again

rml probably got fed up with plato ranting about parrity or what ever it was, i cant stand the bloke give it 2 race meetings and he will be throwing his toys out again

RML wont be turbo'ing their cars this year either. Clearly Plato left as he knew staying with RML meant he wouldn't be competitive.

Fantastic news, was a bit of a badly kept secret on Pistonheads but I'm glad it's now official.

It'll be good exposure for the new range of MG too, best of luck to them.

As an MG Owner and Enthusiast I wish MG the best of luck in the BTCC. Personally I can't think of anything better to get the MG Name back on the market as this should certainly get some publicity :smile:
It may be a chinese manufacturer now but MG is a well known British Icon :wink:

I really need to watch more of the BTCC this year. Is it going to be on ITV3 again? I don't think it's a bad looking car that MG, looks like the current Astra at the front!

Some people do not seem excited by this news, because it's MG, because it's chinese?

The body work is only really that now is it not? the front end, suspension brakes etc are all a common thing, as can be the turbo engine now i belive.

With a team like 888 behind it, it'll not be long before it's at the sharp end i'd have thought.

The body work is only really that now is it not? the front end, suspension brakes etc are all a common thing, as can be the turbo engine now i belive

Sort of yeah. Teams running NGTC have the option of using ''spec''' front and rear subframes and suspension as well as braking systems. They CAN use their own as long as they fit to NGTC regulations, the spec' parts is an idea Gow has pushed through to lower costs and encourage more entrants. He's onto a winner, it's working.

Enginewise, it's much of the same. They can produce their own 2.0T or run a TOCA branded engine.

Full S2000 cars and S2000 with NGTC spec' engines are still permitted for this season.

NGTC cars have different body and wheel regulations to the S2000 cars too.

S2000 cars will be outlawed from 2013.

Similar Thread Suggestions