clio 197 ultra red (Red Roo Returns)

lilgregs

Platinum Member
Hello everyone,

If anyone has noticed mike has no longer got his red roo he now has my cookie, that sounds so wrong but meaning he now has my old clio 182 B/G and I now have his clio 197 UR (red roo).

havent managed to take many photos yet since getting her last friday due to work and weather :worried:.

She is a gem to drive doesnt seem as nippy as my 182 but maybe cause thats like a little go kart :smile:.

Hoping to give her a detail wash/clean tomorrow if I get around to it.

IMG_1479.jpg
IMG_1476.jpg
IMG_1475.jpg
IMG_1471.jpg
IMG_1470.jpg
IMG_1473.jpg

Following this Red roo was due a cambelt and aux belt changed and after looking around for the best pricing I finally found somewhere, Renault said they could do it for £589 and my jaw dropped, then I gave my local place tyre smiths a call they did it for £325 with the genuine renault belts and pullies and tensioners and gave me a 4 year warrenty on the belts.

IMG_1480.jpg

So now the next stage is im looking for some recaros, only genuine ones tho either from a clio 200/197 and willing to part ex mine to.

Il be updating this post soon with the detail clean hopefully tomorrow if weather permits.

Thanks for reading

Last edited:
Looks great and are you sure it actually needs cleaning lol

Was going to say looks awesomely clean!

Just 1 thing I don't like... Dare I say it.... The big 197.net decal on bonnet :worried:

Thing I've just earns my self a potential :f1team07:

Was going to say looks awesomely clean!

Just 1 thing I don't like... Dare I say it.... The big 197.net decal on bonnet :worried:

haha will be taking it off borrowing me dads extension lead get the hair dryer on it so now marks, but keeping the little 197.net of the rear window and side windows tho lol

The big 197.net decal on bonnet
:ban:

Don't like the rear stickers though. :worried:

:woody:

Jokes...the front one was on there for the ring trip last year, and I could never be a*sed to take it off :wink:

Rear ones? Ring sticker is a must, she's been round :wink: 197.net one, it's ok :smile:

Yes, I know what you mean Luke about the 197 feeling slower than the 182 - Cookie feels like a rocket in comparison, but less refined :smile:

I'm still glad I did what I did, and I'm glad I can still see what's occurring with her :smile: Such a shame that I had to do it!

I would also like to say that I wish everyone I sold cars to was as easy to do business with as you were :hug:

Let us not forget the incident with my saxo :wink: (for those who don't know, someone turned up to buy my Saxo VTS dressed in joggin bottoms and hoody and cap, suddenly, the asking price was increased 50% and he was asked to leave) :wink::wink:

Ahh yes, the UPS van made a delivery to you too today :wink:

Last edited:
That looks nice, would look even better slammed on some coilovers and some wkd graffics down the side, boot full of bass bins :rofl:

Awesome 197. Recaros wont be easy (or cheap) to find as they come up for sale very rarely but when they do theres usually a few sets.

Think you've just missed a couple of sets that were up for sale recently.