Maggi's 200T EDC

She's no longer clean after doing 900 miles this week but I finally got the paperwork back for the plate today so that went on :smiley:

ymy9eqah.jpg

Decided to keep this as a small progress thread, although I doubt there will be much going on to start with. I've decided not to fiddle too much, for now...

Obviously things would change slightly, and only very slightly.

The usual bulbs have changed, SMD 501's all round and the fried egg look removed

13929971169_bbeb10d4f9_b.jpg

So I'll try and keep these in order:

Obviously some start on the old plate, which was then replaced with the private reg on a pressed metal plate from Alex @ ECC.

So with her little sister
13930002178_41497cc57f_b.jpg

14113553522_32416df293_b.jpg

13929996178_e41d9bde01_b.jpg

13929945947_f55cb1188c_b.jpg

14113544982_65d202306f_b.jpg

Then we sold the 133 for a facelift CR-Z which is a big surprise in as much as it's actually every bit as quick as the 133 (if not actually a little faster) yet returns decent MPG and costs pennies to run, feels better made and more sophisticated and is blinding fun down the right road - in fact following it down a decent road and a good lick I had to push the 200t harder than I thought to keep with it.

13929924338_4516902c7b_b.jpg

14093464616_a8d368afba_b.jpg

13929894380_3c1eba0a4a_b.jpg

14116839014_95129a6e3d_b.jpg

a9era3yv.jpg

umenumuj.jpg

Then I decided that the RS badge on the front was poorly placed and when Kenny informed me that it wasn't clipped in I decided to remove it

Before
14093309616_e421847d1e_b.jpg

After
14116823884_18b5764db1_b.jpg

13929796927_116021e75b_b.jpg

I've been playing with reallocating it - not sure yet.
13929795887_af132c4685_b.jpg

Still loving the dash, simple, clutter free and everything works as it should
13929831510_6ef8d8f1fc_b.jpg

Next up is a possible change - dark anthracite for the trims and wheels possibly, or just black badges. Undecided which. I'm thinking a dark anthracite would work best overall

Loving the progress

I need to stop doing stuff to mine but it's sooooo hard

I need to stop reading yours...

Today I made the girlfriend drive mine so I could see it in motion and hear it (I've still got videos where I got her to do this in the 133 and you could hear her a mile away... But the bmc cda on that was mental)

She even used launch control and short shifted at full throttle in race. The pop that followed echoed down the road and surprised me how loud it is! I'm not sure it needs an exhaust but I'm still tempted by a SS road system.

I'll be on the 133.net stand at fcs (as I still mod over there) but please do expect me be asking for a listen to yours If you're going?

There's a piece of rubber that sits inside the hole on the outer edge that the guide pin goes into, I used needle nosed pliers to pull it out on the drivers side that was giving me agro as it was too far in and stopping it going back in properly. I then placed it on the edge and it went in no hassle.

Would be better if it was more like a rubber grommet you had to put the pin into but I guess it works as it is.

Need to find some bulbs for the fronts, the ones I've found so far are bmw specific and not exactly cheap

Car looks fantastic!

Obviously some start on the old plate, which was then replaced with the private reg on a pressed metal plate from Alex @ ECC.

Have you got a link to this guy? I'm after some plates making up as I've just sent off everything for my old plate to transfer :smile:

Car looks fantastic!

Have you got a link to this guy? I'm after some plates making up as I've just sent off everything for my old plate to transfer :smile:

Thanks!

Alex is at Elite Car Care. I'm sure they're listed on the website, if not just email him. They're not the cheapest but they suit the car nicely, plain works best IMO too. Nice and tidy

A dirty great bird decided it wanted a piece of the car last night on the a1 and left a nice deposit (2 in fact) On the bonnet. This was removed as soon as I got in, had to soak it as it was about 5mm thick and the engine had dried it.

It's instantly etched into the paint to the extent you can feel it :worried: is it me or are Renault blacks really soft? I'm so would up that I intend on stealing the girlfriends crz for the week and leaving mine with her as I'm away working, which I wouldn't ever normally consider

vu7a7apy.jpg

This is the damage left in the paint after it was quickly washed and I thought SRP would work as that's all I've got to hand till next week. It'll need to be wet sanded from the feel of it

That will come out no problem fella, a nice compound mop polish will sort it out, if it doesn't shift with that it still remains then 2000wet sand and a trizact 3000-6000 will be more than enough.

That will come out no problem fella, a nice compound mop polish will sort it out, if it doesn't shift with that it still remains then 2000wet sand and a trizact 3000-6000 will be more than enough.

All my sandpaper and the rotary is elsewhere and as I'm away working this week in the middle of nowhere and away for the bank holiday I won't get chance to do it soon :worried: I was surprised that SRP wouldn't touch it as it had been removed immediately, literally nuclear turds.

The clio has suffered lately, having not been washed since I returned from holiday almost a month ago due to a combination of the weather and work, but a treat is coming her way this weekend.

Ktec induction kit ordered (I got to see it at fcs and I was very impressed with the kit) then much fiddling underneath to tidy up and decide what to do with the exhaust.

Excited!

ujetu9ad.jpg
Stolen from their Facebook page for those that haven't seen. I did tell them I would order as soon as it was available and so I have :smiley:

I've found myself wanting either wheels with a slightly wider offset, or as I like the oem wheels I've considered spacers. Not sure what to do about that

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
PpAbarth Clio 200T Area 1