LY200 - too loud or blow up again, taking bets!

Thinking maybe this wheel. Been looking into suede and alcantara wheels and seem like bit of a ballache tbh. I had a Momo (Race) leather wheel on my old car and it was very nice quality.
This Momo model 08 looks like I can get the rally style of the Sabelt wheels but with Momo leather for easy maintenance - should suit me better I think.

Opinions??

p1.jpg

Raptor I'm not buying that crappy looking wheel mount! lol. My phone would probably fall off and get stuck under my pedals! I have ordered some new GoPro feet so I'll position it one day on the dials only.

Much success achieved today!!

Had another crack at trying to get the oil temp and pressure wiring through the main bulkhead grommet, before I bit the bullet and had the bulkhead drilled.

IMG_0019-750x410.jpg

IMG_0025-750x410.jpg

Truly a ******* of a job! That now means though I'm about 2 crimped wires away from having the SPA gauge finally installed...! Hopefully dry this weekend as no chance tomorrow.

Also got a price for the Madeno frame to lower the Recaro CS, €492 inc VAT and UK shipping. Might pop a thread up in the group buy section, cus ~£350 is an awful lot. I'll def get one but at that money after Xmas - not sure the kids would appreciate one as their present :wink:

Recaro-frame_kit.jpg

If we could get a decent discount via a group buy I'd be interested in the lowering frame.

Cool, I'll put your name on the GB list. They might not even be up for it but I think if we could get a fair few names down they might do something. I presume best to approach them with a list, or would it be better to first ask for numbers Vs price break points?? Regardless we can start a list internaly on the forum anyway.

Semi related, been having thoughts about painting the CS's. I was always tempted to paint the Apex in LY, ala 968 Clubsport style with body coloured fixed back buckets :biggrin: Now I think with the CS being a bigger seat LY wouldn't work (too much of it), but either black or the same dark grey as the interior dash strips would look sweet and factory.
Theres a few marks on the backs/sides of mine which might clean out, but clearly exposed plastic is never the hardest wearing material so a glossed and laquered finish should wear much better shouldn't it?

15686736744_2a27ec6fbf_o.jpg

15213472977_3312cb6441_o.jpg

82768d1422605438-recaro-sportster-cs-my-st-screen-shot-2015-01-30-12.08.15-am.png

Rich I would be def interested in the madeno frame price dependent. I do know though that someone fitted it in here and reported that is not entirely plug and play which was a bit disappointing given the price! They might have re-designed the item though...

In regards to painting the Recaro back covers, trust me, I wanted to do it since day 1, however i really don't know how to (and I haven't got the balls to try obviously)! For my car I'd def go either for the custom pearl anthracite I've now got in abundance in my interior or Albi. LY is indeed to much IMO.

So...when are we doing it then???:smile:

Gloss black or grey seat backs will look amazing mate. I'd definitely get it done! Won't be cheap but looking at your car it's clear you're not afraid of throwing a bit of money at it.

Had the remaining KTR/Vibra-Technics engine mounts installed at Tech 1 the other week. Made a nice difference which I wasn't really expecting, improved turn in/general front end response, and just a general boost in the tactile responses :smile:

But............I have at long last installed the SPA oil temp/pressure gauge!!! Crappy mobile pics for now (and worse than usual in fact as the lens is cracked on it now!!).......

IMAG0539-750x410.jpg

IMAG0537-750x410.jpg

IMAG0536-750x410.jpg

With the standalone could you get a digital dash installed with the the gauges built in? If you know what I mean lol!

yeah I could....but then for me the whole point of going with this standalone was the CAN integration with the Renault systems to retain the standard dash and interior functionality etc :wink:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cliosport-carl Spotted 0
Zeezal Projects/Progress Threads 7
tkoh12 Clios For Sale 0
CL10 PAZ Spotted 0
tkoh12 Spotted 0