LY200 - too loud or blow up again, taking bets!

@TBRich

what does this motor have that you dont? other than ITBs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2B5Lkp0Au8

Correct cam timing and decent ECU mapping for start :wink: lol

Tbh I am impressed and staggered to see it making that power at 7700rpm!! If that is true then potentially you could cut down on a few items. I would have thought you'd be needing 8500-9000rpm.

Assuming that peek at 7700rpm and a rev limit ~8000rpm then in addition to the ITB's: It'll need a big valve head, big cams, solid lifter top end (although the revs arn't monster, the ramp angles and valve lift will be), VVT delete for verniers, 8 injectors (so standalone too).

Assuming more like 8500rpm+, you would want Maxi Evo steel crank, Maxi Evo rod/piston geomertry (144mm rods, 84mm pistons), double valve springs and Ti retainers.

--
If that kind of power can be got around <8000rpm, I could stick a BV head, solid lifters with new cams/verniers and ITBS/standalone - probably about £5/6k mapped. First gotta crack 220bhp on the standard hydraluic/vvt setup!!

And you should take into the account that this dyno and the ones that we use are not the same. This one is as ideal as it could be for producing bhp.

And you should take into the account that this dyno and the ones that we use are not the same. This one is as ideal as it could be for producing bhp.

All the best tbrich. Just thought id add this video as motivation. [emoji12]

good points, so we should believe the 7700rpm is correct - I am amazed though.

As for motivation, well I guess I could buy another F4R and stick it in the car and then strap my forged lump on a dyno and go mental! lol!! Realisticly though, if it makes decent power on Wednesday at RST I'll keep the car and probably stick it on a standalone at some point this year (it opens the doors to ITB's). But I don't think I could ever justify changing the top end for a solid one........although I could buy a second head and do it slowly over time..........! damn you fano!! :smiley:

We all want to see this work out for you. Screw the mustang idea, Richard Hammond. Get the f4r to k20 levels.

Haha, I love muscle cars though! If you could buy a RHD Camaro SS (ideally with 1LE pack) I would have done so long ago!

RHD Mustang is next best thing so I will def be taking a look in Sept. once Ford start shipping them.

I believe it's more important how your car performs in the street rather than on the dyno.

There was a lot of "dyno queen" cars that looked good on paper but underperformed in the street.

Depends, but the correct interpretation is to judge the full area under the curve not just peeks. Like you say if you judge only on peek fgures like a dyno queen then yes it might be crap on the street. But equally if you don't make the goods then whats the point! Gotta be both or no point trying :wink:

Satin black wheels, but glossier than I wanted but not a full gloss. Look the same as the Renault speedline colour.

2a1e0e63abadb2914c01c058e6191e6f.jpg

dc77e44e0df5fe11a30c0983658a4e9a.jpg

Inlet manifold turned up just now.

6d6776b7f1a8d4d0c4f8772ecc51e4c3.jpg

Website is broken hence the tapatalk images. Think my hosting provider ****ed it doing a server migration. Can't edit old posts or updated the theme php files if anyone knows wordpress/php/mysql!?

I like the wheels, not like mirrors but not matte. Good times!

Who ported you mani mate? Looks a tidy job. Did they port to the gasket and clean the cast inside?

I like the wheels, not like mirrors but not matte. Good times!

Who ported you mani mate? Looks a tidy job. Did they port to the gasket and clean the cast inside?

Pure Motorsport, not taken out to gasket, tbh that would be pretty damn big. Also the lower to head was just a clean really as without the head we didn't want to risk going bigger.

It's a decent tidy up and matching without going over the top. So no question it'll be an improvement without any downsides. (go too big and you might loose gas speed etc kinda thing). I need risk free mods from now on! If I was doing a head job though we could have been more aggresive for sure.
Weight of the upper manifold, please? :smiley:

4580g (including 2 little black brackets on it).

Not sure mate, hadn't planned anything beyond mapping right now!

Castle Combe again, ~June time?? You going?

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cliosport-carl Spotted 0
Zeezal Projects/Progress Threads 7
tkoh12 Clios For Sale 0
CL10 PAZ Spotted 0
tkoh12 Spotted 0