LY200 - too loud or blow up again, taking bets!

Be waiting a while now raptor for that vid, 4th gear has shat itself. Need to try and cancel/refund my track day on the 15th, otherwise try and sell my place :worried:

Does it fit go pro accessories like suction mount?
I'm still looking around for a cheap go pro alternative but its a struggle :/.

Nothing from Ktec yet, though I asked the other week if the end of the summer was still the target date and was advised yes. - I'm not hopeful though, they've been talking about this ECU for about 6 years!

I need to ring SC actually, because they do a P'n'P kit for the Megane 225 - which also uses a Sagem 3000. Trouble for me with those is mappers - not many about so would need to go back to RS Tuning. I know RST would do a good job, but it's not ideal having a mapper 5hrs away. So could really do with finding somewhere local, I'll check the recommended places when I call.

However....I'm stuck with about £2k to spend on the gearbox now though, so ECU and exhaust will not be happening right away. Both need doing though cus the part throttle aint great, too much overlap on the 403's for a MAP sensor to deal with well and the exhaust is just ****e frankly.

What with g'box, ECU and exhaust, it'll be about another £5k to spend :worried:
Can't believe I didn't buy the E92 M3 now because I was afraid of the running costs :rofl: nothing costs more than modding!

Nothing from Ktec yet, though I asked the other week if the end of the summer was still the target date and was advised yes. - I'm not hopeful though, they've been talking about this ECU for about 6 years!

I need to ring SC actually, because they do a P'n'P kit for the Megane 225 - which also uses a Sagem 3000. Trouble for me with those is mappers - not many about so would need to go back to RS Tuning. I know RST would do a good job, but it's not ideal having a mapper 5hrs away. So could really do with finding somewhere local, I'll check the recommended places when I call.

However....I'm stuck with about £2k to spend on the gearbox now though, so ECU and exhaust will not be happening right away. Both need doing though cus the part throttle aint great, too much overlap on the 403's for a MAP sensor to deal with well and the exhaust is just ****e frankly.

What with g'box, ECU and exhaust, it'll be about another £5k to spend :worried:
Can't believe I didn't buy the E92 M3 now because I was afraid of the running costs :rofl: nothing costs more than modding!

You can get a box less than 2k surely?

Buuuuuuttt.. if you want the best, you gotta get new.

You can get a box less than 2k surely?

Buuuuuuttt.. if you want the best, you gotta get new.

Not a new box but a hybrid of bits:
-Quaife £650 delivered
-Rebuild with all new bearings and new syncros on all gears, £950 (need to phone another place to get more than 1 quote mind).
-4.7 final drive, £180
-labour to remove and refit boxes, £400 (need to phone a couple more garages as I think thats pricey?)
-cost to strip 4.7 fd out of old box and put crownwheel on Quiafe, £100?? not sure yet - hoping free due to spunking £950 on the rebuild.
-also thinking about merging gears from a TL4 031 and TL4 003. Will mean I need to get a 003, as I want gears 5 and 6 from it. Means an extra cost of £350 for that box. Or, get a price for 5th and 6th gears only from Renault if I can?

Not sure exactly how this will all play out yet, as I need components from 3 different TL4 boxes - but it's expensive what ever route I go.

I've seen the sc ecu too but little low on info for £1200

From what I can see I think it's a decent item, has 32x32 resolution, full sequential injection and VVT, DBW etc. But an ECU is only as good as the mapper :wink: Theres a decent GEMS mapper (apparently, need to check it out further) about an hour away from me which is why I think I'd prefer that over the SC.

You may aswel refresh the drive shaft seals while your at it.

Yep for sure :thumbup1:
Clutch and slave are only 4.5k miles old so will keep those.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cliosport-carl Spotted 0
Zeezal Projects/Progress Threads 7
tkoh12 Clios For Sale 0
CL10 PAZ Spotted 0
tkoh12 Spotted 0