LY200 - too loud or blow up again, taking bets!

Yes mate sure am, was going to msg you to see if you're going :thumbup1:

Might even wash it and hoover the inside, only a might though!

Decent. Hopefully good weather. Mines sparkly clean at the mo... I'm feeling ok don't worry lol

[MENTION=50319]Stephenvenning[/MENTION] not sure yet mate, just checking now on what time a couple of others I know are planning to be be there for. I think about 7:30 is the normal arrive time??
I'm in London for a midday meeting and then getting the train back - so what time I get there may purely depend on how quick I can get back and then back out in the car! Hoping it won't work out to too bad though.

I'm not washing it though :tongueout: Though thinking about it I will try and do a quick hoover because I think I still have half of Autumn in there!

hang on!! I've got my dates wrong it's tomorrow!!!!!!

Wooohhoooooooo I'll be there !!!!

Last edited:
Have you looked at titan bodies there carbon fibre and also has anyone got them fitted be nice to now there results

http://www.titan.uk.net/products/details/renault-f4r

Ive had my clio 2years n been playing with idea for past 10 months if to get these but as you found out these poxy clios dont stop chewing money up at every chance they get for every 1 step forward its 2 or 3 steps back my big upgarding plans keep getting put on hold... I love your thread its nice to see a big n/a project for a change instead of just meg'd clios being i want to go down the piper or cat cams and cosworth pistons route myself its a shame youve had such a ruff time being loyal to n/a will be good to see final results once you get all your plans done.

My friends keep saying just meg her or sell her and buy a meg265 or evo 10 but im with you going turbo is cheating with these clios i love n/a its more of a challenge and a bigger rewarding feeling when you see results though turbo or supercharger is starting to make more financial sense and time saving specially as a mate gets his evo 8 mr300 bak in 6 weeks time after it being rebuilt for past 14 months would be nice to stop his smug smiling face with a 300bhp meg'd clio up his arse :poke: :d

Poxy Clio in today for front right heavy knocking cant wait to be told how much thats gonna cost :@ only just had lower ball joint done 8 weeks ago gods nows whats wrong now.

I'm not sure if Titan do a set for our F4R-83x. The bolt spacing on every image I have seen has been for the mk2 F4R-73x heads.

Awaiting on some work developments but I'm not ruling an M3 out again though :lol:

Well I now finally have a Quaife and 2 extra gearboxes at home!

wpid-wp-1436264818880-750x410.jpg

The guy I was going to get do the rebuild though I now can't get hold of ffs!

I could probably do it, I mean I have the 021 box I need to strip the crownwheel and pinion out of I could practice on and investigate with first. But.... the biggest issue for me is frankly I am largely adverse to any form of effort at all. I find even getting the pressure washer out to clean the car too much effort.

Is there a guide anywhere with detailed pictures though?

Dude it gets worse, I still have half of autumn in my car under mats because when I bought them I just stuck them in over the top! Tried hoovering drivers side but got bored and gave up! lol

The car is actually pretty immaculate condition wise, not a dent on the flanks and only a couple of marks/stone chips. It's just the daily look it carries off is that of dirt :smiley:
I just find cleaning such a bloody chore because when I do clean it... I need to do all the door shuts, windows, tyre black etc etc!!! Takes a flipping age, and then of course it's dirty again in a week :@

I think I will pay for a full detail soon, especially the inside because my hoover can't get the carpets like a proper wet vac valet leaves them.

Liquid yellow is such a damned chore also.

I cleaned it on saturday, its already dirty! And flies, literally at the moment, to and fro from work and the front is pasted in the damn things!

I feel you with the interior though, its a pain in the ass more so than the exterior. Ive had the car 10 weeks now and cleaned the extrerior probaly 6 times, interior 0 times.

You get those pine needle type things that just bury themselves in to the pile of the carpet and are *******s to get out. My own fault - I should have bought mats as soon as I got the car but I left it a while.

My indicator to clean is usually when the kids start getting dirt on their clothes getting in and out the car - a sure sign that it's over due time!! Actually I'll probably clean it this weekend if it's not too hot.
I do find LY does a decent job of hiding the dirt though.

stock TL4 031 will be kept for parts or just sold for repair (4th syncro crunch).
rebuilding a TL4 003 for the ratios, and want the FD from a TL4 021 (both of which I now have in my possession)..... copy pasta from my blog below for bit of explanation:

"With the gearbox now suffering from the typical 4th gear syncro wear issue, it seemed a good opportunity to not only drop a Quaife ATB in there but also have a play with the final drive (FD) and ratios. Replacing the FD with a 4.73 (15/71) from a TL4 021 meant I needed to consider ratios too, as 1st to 3rd on the stock 200’s TL4 031 would become too short with that FD. Therefore I have used a TL4 003 from the early 197 as this box has a longer 1st to 3rd that will stop those early gears from being too short. Also the 003 has the shorter 5th and 6th (which the TL4 024 from later 197’s does not), and when combined with the 4.73 FD will make for a much shorter setup that my stock 031 box icon_biggrin.gif
Before (200 TL4 031 with stock 4.3 FD) and after (197 TL4 003 with 4.73 FD) ratios in the following image. New 6th gear will be as my 5th currently is!
200stockFDvs197-4_7FD.jpg"

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cliosport-carl Spotted 0
Zeezal Projects/Progress Threads 7
tkoh12 Clios For Sale 0
CL10 PAZ Spotted 0
tkoh12 Spotted 0