LY Racer Turbo 310bhp....but more to come soon

just been through majority of this, what a epic transformation from standard!! Look forward to see the final spec.

Cheers mate :smile: Just waiting for some injectors to come from america and then it can get finished off, drove it again yesterday and it unbelievable! So much midrange and it picks up so fast, forgot how well it handled, its so darty! My OZ's and 888's will be on next weekend as well.

I rang Paul from rs tuning other week about going sc but he said its not worth it ad there was a car in from jamsport and basically it had to be running rediculously low boost because of the compression ratio on standard internals, I'm not tryin to be a dick in the thread or out but is this yours bud what did you manage to get from it? Great read ad congrats havin the balls to go for it too man!

Ok so figures are at the moment just above 250 and about the same with torque. Its revving to 6k and will go back next week for a couple of hours on the rollers to iron out anything and put the limiter up to 6.5k and leave it so no rods go flying out.

Yes benmc that was my car pauls talking about, and it runs completly fine :smile:

Ill post some pics up tomorrow when ive had a chance to clean it, but its fookin mint!!!

Loads of boost that just keeps building from 3k onwards, its a monster!!! I dont have the graph but when it goes back for its last bits i will post that up, but its very smooth and just keeps going!!

Im stupidly happy, so much grunt!!!!

Do you think Jamsport will ever offer this kit or will your car be a one-off. Just seems like Meg engine appears to be the answer for those who want big power. Standalone ecu and new injectors would be around 5k and will less power than meg.

Sounds good mike but would you be better going for some forged pistons with a lower compression ratio? Would be nice to get it reving up closer to 7k and running a bit more boost.

Do you think Jamsport will ever offer this kit or will your car be a one-off. Just seems like Meg engine appears to be the answer for those who want big power. Standalone ecu and new injectors would be around 5k and will less power than meg.

Yeah they are offering it. It's not far off a meg? Mines between 250/260 and fmp's stage 2 is 265? More will come from it next week any way. It's not got the same torque but it's linear, still bucket loads at 3k but never tails off!! 250 ft lbs is still a lot lol!!? You won't pay 5k for the kit. A meg conversion with a meg box would be more. So I think it just depends what u want! The car runs fine, I've been giving it stick and it's great.

Yeah Ben gonna forge it. Get it revving near 8 with my cams back in.

Yeah they are offering it. It's not far off a meg? Mines between 250/260 and fmp's stage 2 is 265? More will come from it next week any way. It's not got the same torque but it's linear, still bucket loads at 3k but never tails off!! 250 ft lbs is still a lot lol!!? You won't pay 5k for the kit. A meg conversion with a meg box would be more. So I think it just depends what u want! The car runs fine, I've been giving it stick and it's great.

I hear you but Jamsports advertises its Fiesta's ST SC at 4k, go-tek standalone is between £600 - £800 (without fitting) and with injectors would push it over £5k, wouldn't it (?) I'd love it to be 'good to go' and I hear it sounds mental!!! But can't see it priced at £3.5k which is the cost of Meg conversion. (including engine)

Not for me to question Jamsports rollers but my cars got the same set-up as yours (before SC) and was 12bhp difference to yours on RS's rollers. Paul said that the injectors were at 98%. 12bhp...Thats a huge difference given the cams only made an additional 14bhp!!!!
Not being funny and not one of thoses 'my rollers are better than yours' debate...just making an observation.

Last edited:
I hear you but Jamsports advertises its Fiesta's ST SC at 4k, go-tek standalone is between £600 - £800 (without fitting) and with injectors would push it over £5k, wouldn't it (?) I'd love it to be 'good to go' and I hear it sounds mental!!! But can't see it priced at £3.5k which is the cost of Meg conversion. (including engine)

Not for me to question Jamsports rollers but my cars got the same set-up as yours and was 12bhp down on RS's. Thats a huge amount in N\A. Not being funny and not one of thoses 'my rollers are better than yours' debate...just making an observation.

i think its common knowledge that jamsport rollers do over read. But having said that, i am sure the results are there or there abouts, i have seen this car in the flesh during development and hubba hubba :smile:

as for injectors, why would u want them? jamsport have developed a bolt on kit, if u want any more extra's then of course the price would go up.

i think its common knowledge that jamsport rollers do over read. But having said that, i am sure the results are there or there abouts, i have seen this car in the flesh during development and hubba hubba :smile:

as for injectors, why would u want them? jamsport have developed a bolt on kit, if u want any more extra's then of course the price would go up.

Mike makes reference to waiting for some injectors from usa so I guess the kit needs them. I guess Jamsports rollers over read or they don't....I like the 'there or there about' comment.
Mike cars superb and I'm always interested in its development. It feels like its been a long time coming but seems very close to the finish line.

Mike makes reference to waiting for some injectors from usa so I guess the kit needs them. I guess Jamsports rollers over read or they don't....I like the 'there or there about' comment.
Mike cars superb and I'm always interested in its development. It feels like its been a long time coming but seems very close to the finish line.

mikes getting them injectors cos he wants to i believe, not cos the kit needs them, i'm not starting a jamsport vs topic, but everyone knows about their rollers lol
i think mike would be the first to say how long this development has taken, but like he says, the end result will be amazing, witch i am sure it is and will continue to be :smile: