Lol, This is the kinda people that make me not want a VX!

I knew of him yeah, I didn't know him personally though but everybody who did only had good things to say about him. :worried:

It's just a tragic story that's always stuck with me really. The whole thing just hit home really hard for me as people you see and speak to on forums are just normally a username to most of us, but when that all happened it was a bit of a reality check to me at the time and pretty upsetting to everyone who knew of what had happened. The thread for him on Saxperience was so touching as well, I think the story did the rounds on a quite a few different forums in the end.

Last edited:
tbh, I'm quite lucky around here, never really seen anyone driving like a complete nob, but there are a few, like this CTR that tries to race me all the time even going out his way to follow me (LOL stalker) and tbh the way he drives, scares the hell out of me lol!

LMFAO at VXR thread, i dont even bother with corsa's and regulary NOS it past very suprised looking Astra owners. Chavs.

Having a bit of a play on the road is one thing, posting about it on a public forum is another thing.
I'm no saint but I've come to realise it's just the wrong place (not through any accidents or points etc. I'm clean!)

I still have a bit of fun at the lights with cars but generally it's only with cars I like and I'm talking up to 40mph and that's it. I surprised a mk2 golf the other day by rolling down my window and explaining how I liked his car... he didn't return the sentiment ****!

Oddly I've never come across a VXR in a situation where they'd try to race you, but tbh I wouldnt bother it'd probably pull away with the extra torque anyway and hopefully understeer off into a barrier at the corner :tongueout:

tbh, I'm quite lucky around here, never really seen anyone driving like a complete nob, but there are a few, like this CTR that tries to race me all the time even going out his way to follow me (LOL stalker) and tbh the way he drives, scares the hell out of me lol!

Is it a black one with blacked out rear windows and tinted rear lights by any chance? Just the R from the Typre R badge left? Lol!

haha I had some little dicked tool getting right up my backside in an astra vxr on the way to pick bonnet up from woody sometime ago now, mentioned it to woody and he was aware of the spanner driving it.

Quite often had subarus pull up at the side of me, looking at my car, and smirking etc, pleased to say, they didnt expect me to get upto 40mph so quick.... he then flew past me at about 60mph, at this point I was laughing and give the wiggle of the little finger to him, he then put his foot down, 200m down the road, blue lights come on, hes pulled over for speeding!

This did happen at 11 oclock at night, putting nobody at risk etc, otherwise Im very conservative, and usually stick at around 3-4 mph under speed limit.

I may get slated for this....but hey...
I used to be one of those c***s! from the age of 17 until 19 i drove like an absolute ****, if i'm honest i'm not sure how i'm still here, overtaking at stupid places, speeding a lot etc etc. I was very lucky i guess. I was knda known in my 6th form for being the **** but at the time i thought it was "yeah, cool, im the guy that drives like a nutter" but now looking back on it, its kinda embarrasing (now 22).
My driving is now so different! Of course as I own a Renault Sport if the road is clear (i.e Sunday mornings) then yes i do press on, but i know my limits (i feel). And i do like it when you come across someone in a VXR, CTR etc to have a little play but you always get people that take it too far. Usually the best way to make em look stupid is just to do nothing anyway, lol.
Young guys do have a bad reputation and IMO its justified ( i live in essex for christ sake), of course not all are like it, its just from my experience, but ive kinda stopped caring and go about my business. It does anoy me though when people flash or beep me for overtaking someone with plenty of room, maybe cos they see I'm young (22 but look 18, lol).
Also seeing a lot of 172/182 driven by utter ****s, but i think if i had a car like that at that age i would of as well. IMO, it comes down to thinking your invincible and quite often the only way you learn otherwise is by crashing or growing up, hopefully the later.

Last edited:
Best place to drive like a tool is the track. Ive been on 6 and everytime there is some1 thinking they are lewis hamilton or shcuey and guess what they always end up in the dirt. I suppose its better for them to do it there though than kill some1 or thereselves by hitting an object.

Its all good fun, nowadays i think **** that tank of fuel cost me £70 ill not drive so fast.

Wow just wow. I dont even care about the context of that link because the general spelling and grammer is so poor it's difficult to understand half of what's being said! They aren't even long replies FFS, most of them are 1 liners and still so bad!

Do Saxo community users mature into VXR community members? :blink:

Sorry, off topic and maybe a little rude, but the irony in this post made me giggle. :smiley:

No offence intended.

Last edited:
What I like about that thread now (there's been a few more posts today), is that the few people who have tried to talk some sense or frown upon the original post have since been getting abuse off a couple of the others!!! :smiley: One person even mentions about the whole ''VXR = Idiot'' reputation!!!

They fight amongst themselves, says it all. :smiley:

Even before the VXR badge, vauxhalls stack'em high sell 'em cheap way has always attracted idiots. Novas, Astras, Calibra, Cavalier (sp*) all for idiots, and none of them were any good. Rust buckets!

"Red top" engine this and that. Pish!

Never been a vauxhall fan.

Other night on my way home i was overtaken by a Vectra VXR with arden blue alloys, not a good look. Was really hoping for him to have a blowout just to see the thing disintegrate.