Lewis's RB Clio 197

Clio had it's MOT yesterday

Passed with advisories for slight play in the rear wheel bearings, but I think the nuts may need tightening rather than there actually being play as the discs are not old at all

I think it may be from when I did my rear beam bushes & the abs rings, maybe they've worked loose slightly. I'll try nip those up before pulling the trigger on new ones
65e23ffb9c8669cd524602bbbf4316ba.jpg

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Yet more general maintenance!

Had my cambelt done at ktec today. Weirdly the thing that stood out to me a lot is that the car idles so much better than it previously did, I don't know if maybe the timing was out beforehand or something & caused it to idle a bit funny or just run a bit lumpy.

Big expense really on something no one really wants to have to fork out for but it's done now!

Had a courtesy car for the day too, slow as balls but nice to have [emoji23]
97dce8735fa7ec235455b5e78cb31924.jpg

Me again [emoji112]

Been daily driving the Clio again for 6 months now. Figured it could do with a little love, needs a bloody good wash though.

But I've changed the gearbox oil and engine oil today. Been sitting on the parts a few weeks but finding the time to do it has been hard, today was a last minute decision and I tried to cram it all in before the F1 but couldn't in the end so didn't get brake fluid & clutch bled. But that's maybe for next weekend.

59b508997bf069654e32a67330f6e4e8.jpg

Always feels nice putting fresh fluids in your car, knowing it's all good and healthy. Plus the new box oil feels really nice. Same stuff as previous but I think a change was needed. Surprising as it's only really a little over a year maybe a year and a half tops, but in that time it's done so little mileage.

74f610ecde2dadceb4aedb4ee94da23b.jpg

Obligatory car in the air pic

ec1b27b8538c332ad8a121f4b9009d6d.jpg

And fresh oil filter picture because I took one for some reason

bf5737ce4cc3f14741bd547f25be344a.jpg

I'd only done 1800 miles since the last oil change (May) but with Winter coming up, I thought I'd get it done. Plus I like regular maintenance [emoji28]

Cheers

Bit of a sad update this one.

The car sold yesterday

I'll be sticking around the forums and reading through people's blogs still, just won't have my own! :worried:

The car has gone to live near castle Combe so I'm sure it'll see plenty of track action and the new owner is mates with someone who has a racing Blue 182 which is a bit more track spec also so it's in good company!

Wanna say thanks to everyone in here anyway! The car wouldn't be the way it is without all the forum advice and how to's etc.

[emoji170]

Are you getting another car or putting the cash towards a more sensible project?
I will do at some point. For now I'm just being sensible while I settle in to the house and everything. In a year or so I will likely buy a toy again. What that'll be I'm not sure

I had thought about selling the Clio for ages (probably nearly a year now) as at times I kinda lost the love and fancy something rwd. Kept looking at BMW's etc but everything is so pricey at the moment I figured it was best to sell up now & take a break from cars as it's such an expensive hobby which I'm not sure I can justify when in the house. Atleast not for a while.

I'm going to miss the clio a lot though, had so many ups and downs in it. It's been a fantastic car, the longest I've ever owned a car in fact. Learnt so much on it. If the guy has looked after it then I may even contact him to see if I can buy it back come the time [emoji23]

I will do at some point. For now I'm just being sensible while I settle in to the house and everything. In a year or so I will likely buy a toy again. What that'll be I'm not sure

I had thought about selling the Clio for ages (probably nearly a year now) as at times I kinda lost the love and fancy something rwd. Kept looking at BMW's etc but everything is so pricey at the moment I figured it was best to sell up now & take a break from cars as it's such an expensive hobby which I'm not sure I can justify when in the house. Atleast not for a while.

I'm going to miss the clio a lot though, had so many ups and downs in it. It's been a fantastic car, the longest I've ever owned a car in fact. Learnt so much on it. If the guy has looked after it then I may even contact him to see if I can buy it back come the time [emoji23]

Ohhh BMW...now you're allowed in my treehouse haha

Reactions: lewishunter98