KW Clubsport Spring rates

GrumpyTwig

"the troll hunter" with added boost!
Anyone know what the spring rates are for the Clubsports?

Just wanting to make a comparison with the AST kit which are 100NM on the rear iirc

From what I've seen the Clubsports actually should have two spring rates? As they have a dual spring setup.

Very harsh I'd say lol.

Throw an email to KW and ask the question. They're pretty good.

I've dropped K300 the UK distributor a mail, see if they know. I might seem obsessive about this but I like to know what I'm buying (finances dependant atm) and it's partially to try and gear the car more towards how I think it should handle and less the slightly less lary renault setup :tongueout:

ASTs are monotube, one of this latest design advantage is that they can work with high rate springs (110nm or even higher if you talk race setup), whereas the KWs utilize a twin tube setup which by design can't.

So really there is no point comparing these kits only by their spring rates Grumpy, the whole setup is different. Hope that helps mate.

EDIT. Here is my personal review of the AST kit, post 21.

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28905&page=3

Last edited:
ASTs are monotube, one of this latest design advantage is that they can work with high rate springs (110nm or even higher if you talk race setup), whereas the KWs utilize a twin tube setup which by design can't.

So really there is no point comparing these kits only by their spring rates Grumpy, the whole setup is different. Hope that helps mate.

EDIT. Here is my personal review of the AST kit, post 21.

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28905&page=3

It's not the only point of comparison I'm considering :wink: , it's just the one thing that doesn't seem to be in the public domain. AST seem to readily share it and even have different levels/setups as I'm sure you know anyway having bought them, I just wanted to know what the clubsport setup has as a default.

Thanks for the review though.

Prbly due to foreign language this came meaner than it was intented to be. Was making my point here for not doing the obvious, but didnt want to offend you - sorry :wink: