Keyless Entry

Both batteries on my cards are going bye-bye's. Becoming a right pain in the mornings getting in and locking at work. What I don't understand is why does the key only lock the passengers side door and leave the rest unlocked...Annoying.

Anyone have any other ways to lock/unlock with the key that actually locks everything?

I had the same problem when my batteries went, also used to set off the alarm every time I opened the car. There is a way of locking all doors though as I did it once.

I had the same problem when my batteries went, also used to set off the alarm every time I opened the car. There is a way of locking all doors though as I did it once.

Yep, same. I ended up driving most of the way home with the alarm going off the other day, lol.

Desperately need a new battery, just so hard to find the time.

Anyone know about this key technique?

Get in the car and lock the car with the dash button.

Then leave the car via the passenger door and lock this door with the key.

It's in the passenger side door because of the country of origin :smile:

Don't forget, in most nations, that side is the drivers door :smile:

Get in the car and lock the car with the dash button.

Then leave the car via the passenger door and lock this door with the key.

Surely by opening the door it de-activates the central locking and unlocks the whole car?

Surely by opening the door it de-activates the central locking and unlocks the whole car?

True, that is how it worked on my 182 though. It was a method of locking the car without arming the alarm should it be needed.

There's a way of doing it that involves repeatedly inserting and removing the card from the slot. Look in the handbook. I think it tells you more about the emergancy key in there too.

I actually had a really embarrasing moment today with the 197...The battery ran out in the key card and so I couldnt unlock the car. So i opened the passenger door using the back up key that pulls out from the card. This set the bloody alarm off! I couldnt work out how to de-activate it, the card was completly dead and so pressing unlock on that was doing nothing!

So I was sat in the middle of the car park leaning into the glove box to try and find one of the spare batteries I bought so I could de-activate the alarm....

Next thing i know my arm is being grabbed...Bloody police car happened to have been driving past and thought I had broken in. It took a little bit of explaining to the copper but he found it quite amusing.

Eventually I found the battery and changed it and turned the alarm off, to the cheers of a group of people watching lol

Mines doing this now and on both cards as well so annoying!!!! Had to leave it unlocked the other day :worried:

I actually had a really embarrasing moment today with the 197...The battery ran out in the key card and so I couldnt unlock the car. So i opened the passenger door using the back up key that pulls out from the card. This set the bloody alarm off! I couldnt work out how to de-activate it, the card was completly dead and so pressing unlock on that was doing nothing!

So I was sat in the middle of the car park leaning into the glove box to try and find one of the spare batteries I bought so I could de-activate the alarm....

Next thing i know my arm is being grabbed...Bloody police car happened to have been driving past and thought I had broken in. It took a little bit of explaining to the copper but he found it quite amusing.

Eventually I found the battery and changed it and turned the alarm off, to the cheers of a group of people watching lol

ROFL, that;s really funny bet you went from heart in mouth to bright as a tomato :clap:

Shame they cant catch the real criminals when they break into your car! :s

ROFL, that;s really funny bet you went from heart in mouth to bright as a tomato :clap:

yeah was a bit lol

Thing is I knew i had a spare battery in the glove box cause I bought some after a link was put on here, but obviously it had managed to disapear amongst all the crap that is in my glove box (mainly CS and Clio197.net flyers! lol).