keyless entry takes 10 secs to open

for some reason my r27 takes about 10 secs to unlock but only after i leave the car for a long time like over night is there a problem or is it something im doing?

thanks dan

Not really too many ways of doing it mate. Grab the handle and pull. Should be fine doing it at a normal speed but if its too quick the car will beep at you. Certainly shouldn't be taking 10 secs to unlock.

One bonus is its gonna be a nightmare to steal lol! Any potential crooks will still be waiting to get in when the police turn up lol!

hehe Renault electrics, fantastic aren't they!

My car has been sat on my drive for just over a week now, when I went to get in it the other day and today it took a while for it to unlock.

Before when I was using my car more it would open first time.

does it beep at you when you open it?
mine was playing up last wk and the son in law
disconected the battery and been fine since

no dosent beep it just takes a while it seams to happen if i leave the car a while. just went out now and it did it again. its like it takes a while to find the card could it bee the bateries?

yes mate forgot that my spare fob wouldnt
open my doors till i changed the battery

Lead to believe that dealer about 6 quid, but we cheeked into free ones after the amount of time to fix other bits!! suggest try Tesco etc??

might have found the problem i was dead loking by the card didnt realise there was a buton to lock it on the door handle mabe that was y it was taking so long to open mabe?

i never use the card it stays in my wallet never had any problems

plus i never forget my wallet lol

I always dead lock mine with the button on the handle twice. And it always opens within a millisecond of me pulling the handle.

cant believe this post is on here today as tonight i had the same prob.Havnt started car for 2 weeks and went in garage and the door wouldnt open .I went to passenger side and unlocked with key and got in that way and the car started.I thought maybe the actual car battery was getting low ,but the interior light seemed samed brightness.I ordered spare 3v batterys for remote aff ebay ,so hope that cures it.Anyone else had this problem.......