k-tec turbo conversion???!!1

the engine mounts are wrong and the wiring looms are totally not compatable.

As far as I know , they also have a different bell housing...so you have to go with the megane gearbox as well or adapt the crap out of it :blink:

just spoke to k-tec, they have said there will be a press release on this about the 14th of dec for the turbo convertion, which they r looking at making 5-60bhp with 220ft/lbs, and this wont be all top end, all on its on ecu and not the standard

Stu, you would need a cheap engine and someone who knows their wiring to do it for less and have the dash etc working and all esp working!!

I know how in depth it is to get a STD ECU to work after my work as we had to pin it all out to speak to the new ECU, its very labour intensive and thus expensive!

just spoke to k-tec, they have said there will be a press release on this about the 14th of dec for the turbo convertion, which they r looking at making 5-60bhp with 220ft/lbs, and this wont be all top end, all on its on ecu and not the standard

should that be 50-60 bhp ?

cause i wouldnt be very happy if i only got a 5bhp gain from a turbo conversion lol, :worried: lol

Very interesting...very...:thumbup1:

Waiting for the price info.

Was going to say earlier, but was on my phone so would have been too much effort. Depending on the type of s/charger used will affect the power curve dramatically, and one more top end heavy than the other, but both will have more mid range than the other.

Turbo - Relies on exhaust gasses to produce boost and and even in a low boost setup, the benefits of being "turbo'd" will only come in higher up the rev range. This type of charger will produce the most top end power but lowest mid range power.

Positive Displacement Superchargers - Produce an almost fixed level of boost and so will have relatively more mid range power than both a turbo and Centrifugal Supercharger. This type of supercharger produces the most mid range, but lowest top end power.

Centrifugal Superchargers - Boost climbs with RPM but boost is instantaneuous and is available throughout the rev range. This type of supercharger will produce a less mid range power than a positive displacement supercharger, but more top end power. It will produce less top end power than a turbo but more mid range.

These are all horrible generalisations, but make the point. Also hope I remembered the supercharger types correctly

Last edited:
right, bit of S/C Vs Turbo confusion. SC will give lower peak torque, smoother delivery and progressive power. Turbo will give more torque, lower down and faster/harder. SC will keep building power right up to the limiter

direct comparison of a near stock 172 (exhaust, filter, de-cat) to supercharged one
sc172vsstd172.jpg

rotrex is just like making an NA engine bigger in power delivery characteristics.
Not got a turbo graph, sorry