K -tec RS Tuning mod

hello everyone :smile:

Just been looking at that k tec remapping mod, Just wondering is it anygood, looks like a smart little device?

matt

Ace gonna have to get one then!! good noticable increase?

Don't expect super nitro turbo boost. But Paul know what to do, even Slovenian forum guys are talking all the best for RS Tuning Paul.

If you have exhaust and some kind of panel filter or ITG Maxogen , you will be satisfied due that car will be more wilder at 4500 rpm to the end...

Installed the map and have had noticeable gains all over the rev range.

The steps were:

1. Receive rstuning box.
2. Install software and usb driver.
3. Read standard tune from car (less than a minute).
4. Send standard tune to rstuning.
5. Within 48hrs receive tune file back from rstuning.
6. Load tune file onto rstuning box utilising software installed earlier.
7. Load tune file onto car (less than a minute).
8. Go for a drive....

After the install I immediately noticed that the car was keener to get going in first gear. Mid range power was definitely improved and a little power spike was evident at the top end.

To sum up, the car felt more frantic and willing.

My car was standard save for the ITG.

Installed the map and have had noticeable gains all over the rev range.

The steps were:

1. Receive rstuning box.
2. Install software and usb driver.
3. Read standard tune from car (less than a minute).
4. Send standard tune to rstuning.
5. Within 48hrs receive tune file back from rstuning.
6. Load tune file onto rstuning box utilising software installed earlier.
7. Load tune file onto car (less than a minute).
8. Go for a drive....

After the install I immediately noticed that the car was keener to get going in first gear. Mid range power was definitely improved and a little power spike was evident at the top end.

To sum up, the car felt more frantic and willing.

My car was standard save for the ITG.

And if you have modifications like cams and other stuffs is that easy?, cheers.

£450 + VAT on the K-Tec site, can only be used on one car too...

Shame it's so expensive, sounds like a good toy to have!

The standard map would probably not benefit a modified car i.e. cams etc. You would probably need a custom map that takes advantage of the extra lift.

I paid $495 (delivered to Australia) and I purchased through rstuning.

I used to have a DS on my ST also, though do not expect the same gains as you had with the ST as the ST's turbocharger facilitates easy hp gains that are not available with a N/A engine.

mine has the remap, V6 intake, and a decate, i’m simply very pleased with the results, these mods have transformed the car into a wilder beast.

And if you have modifications like cams and other stuffs is that easy?, cheers.

Cams would require a thorough beasting on the road and the dyno with the mapper to get the most from the modifications. Im sure there is probably already a generic map for cams out there but its not going to give you the maximum.

Sorry to pee on ure chips but it's just a generic map. How can they tell how much fuel air mix ure using at certain revs etc. Only proper remaps are rolling road ones where it gets live mapped to get the most from the car. Custom maps cost in the region of 360 and yes they take into account cams, exhausts well ....... Any mods u like lol. My first map was a generic one and it gave me 6 hp ish not much but it fealt faster lol think some of it is in ure mind thgh

Sorry to pee on ure chips but it's just a generic map. How can they tell how much fuel air mix ure using at certain revs etc. Only proper remaps are rolling road ones where it gets live mapped to get the most from the car. Custom maps cost in the region of 360 and yes they take into account cams, exhausts well ....... Any mods u like lol. My first map was a generic one and it gave me 6 hp ish not much but it fealt faster lol think some of it is in ure mind thgh

If it's done with AFR then yes, but lots of places don't and use a 'base map' then just tweak it here and there to account for mods. You'd be suprised how few places bother to do it properly with AFR plotting and data logs from proper drives!