K-tech map vs Rs tuning map

As it says on the tin...

quitr like the idea of being able to switch between maps... Does the rs one let you do that?

I wouldnt even consider K-Tec, always see bad reviews ect. Taken my last 2 cars to RS Tuning and the maps have been faultless.

+ Also in my opinion their dyno tell you realistic figures rather than K-Tec's seem too be rather high.

As above. Hadn't heard very good things about Ktec so i went for RS Tuning on the meg.

No doubt this thread will open a can of worms :smiley:

Couldnt comment on ktec because i have never been, how ever i have been to RS tuning and they have done a great job at mapping my car.

Also where are RS tuning aren't they in Leeds? is there any where more local to the south east that anyone could recommend?

Could always use TDF near Bedford, they work with RS on mapping. I think they use a base map and Paul @ RS tweaks it using details they pass on to him or something similar.

But difficult to get booked in with from what I've heard as they're very busy.

Ha Its mine, yeah went to RS tuning told paul and specky i wanted a crackle map so they said we will give you are own version of ktecs "little crackle map" lol. Oh and they did just that, It bangs pops and spits flames and only on my command its addictive haha

Ha Its mine, yeah went to RS tuning told paul and specky i wanted a crackle map so they said we will give you are own version of ktecs "little crackle map" lol. Oh and they did just that, It bangs pops and spits flames and only on my command  its addictive haha

Hahah well it looks wicked ! What exhaust are you running? Do you still have a flat spot I didn't think you gained any perfomance with a crackle map? Sorry for all the questions just want to get the right map!

Yeah of course you see gains , the crackle or flames or pops and bangs is added to the car on over run, so you could sit there and rev it like most chavs/boy racers in the northeast of england and use half a tank of momo 99 and see flames and listen to pops and bangs but then also when your driving the car properly like ringing its nexk its got the added performance from the map and no flats spotss as of such

[MENTION=51653]chris72[/MENTION] ive got Full milltek with decat pipe, no flat spot at all now, the kick at 5000 rpm isnt as noticeable but there is much more power lower down. I had my "crackle map" put in when i let off throttle over 3500rpm and gear changes really do pop, crackle and splutter like crazy :smile: he will put the pops and bangs in where ever you want them in the rev range and make them as quiet or loud as you want