K-Tec's self tuning module - should I?

Hey.

I have a new Clio 200 and once I've got some more miles on the clock, I'm planning to fit an Akrapovic full exhaust and look into a re-map. Trouble is, I'm living in Dubai, and there's not quite the same facilities out here as back in the UK.

Looking on K-Tec's web site, they offer a self tuning module. As the Clio uses wideband throughout the entire RPM range, I'm assuming their 'program' just sets some varying parameters, and then allows the wideband to do it's thing as per usual.

Do you think this is something worth doing? Anyone have any experiences with such a product?

Please help :thumbup:

Its a lot more expensive that a rolling road remap and the results won't be as good. I'd try and find someone in Dubai who can do remaps before buying this

Its a lot more expensive that a rolling road remap and the results won't be as good. I'd try and find someone in Dubai who can do remaps before buying this

I was thinking along the lines of K-Tec's experience with RS. I've heard a lot about ECU's playing about with their 'adjusted' settings, and felt K-Tec would be a safe bet. I've never been a fan of re-mapping stock ECUs, hence why I eventually went standalone with my previous car.

A chap on ClioSport.net mentioned to me that he knows some guys who own a garage here in Dubai who do mapping, and they also own a couple of 197 touring cars. It's another avenue to go down...

Hey Toad, am from next door Oman, and did my remap, decat, and V6 airbox through TAM auto engineering in Dubai a year a go, the car is still running sweet, however, if RS tuning have a dealer in dubai, i suggest you approach them first. btw Akrapovic sounds tempting for as well.

Hey Toad, am from next door Oman, and did my remap, decat, and V6 airbox through TAM auto engineering in Dubai a year a go, the car is still running sweet, however, if RS tuning have a dealer in dubai, i suggest you approach them first. btw Akrapovic sounds tempting for as well.

Hey boxster. I've heard of TAM via a UAE car forum. Can you tell me a little more about your experience with them please? Such as: Cost, Results, Time required, Before and after RR? Also, did your EML come on because of the decat? :thumbsup:

Hey boxster. I've heard of TAM via a UAE car forum. Can you tell me a little more about your experience with them please? Such as: Cost, Results, Time required, Before and after RR? Also, did your EML come on because of the decat? :thumbsup:

Hey Toad, TAM workmanship is top notch, the guys are real pro, however, be prepared to be patient as they are somewhat sluggish due to overbookings, moreover their rates are tad high. I have not yet managed to carry before & after RR, but I can confirm the car has been transformed remarkably and is much more potent. No, the EML doesn’t come on after decat, otherwise, you can opt for a 100 cell high flow cat from FOX if you want to maintain a cat for MOT reasons. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Hey Toad, TAM workmanship is top notch, the guys are real pro, however, be prepared to be patient as they are somewhat sluggish due to overbookings, moreover their rates are tad high. I have not yet managed to carry before & after RR, but I can confirm the car has been transformed remarkably and is much more potent. No, the EML doesn’t come on after decat, otherwise, you can opt for a 100 cell high flow cat from FOX if you want to maintain a cat for MOT reasons. Good luck.:thumbsup:

OK, that all sounds great. Do you remember what sort of gains your car made? Did you get a RR print out?

Oh, so the people who mapped it didn't use a RR? Or they just didn't give you a print out?

They might have probably used RR, but i never bothered to ask, when I picked up the car from them I never looked back, its simply that good.:driveby:

Wow, sounds great. I'd really like to have a drive :wink: Fancy another visit to Dubai? I want to do a RR run before I get any work done so I can do a 'before and after'. Fancy arranging something? I'll buy lunch. :smiley:

If you're not up for that, would you mind telling me a little about the v6 mod you did? Did the garage do the work for you? You just supplied the parts? Just want to get all the details correct before I get in tough with them. Thanks! :smile:

Wow, sounds great. I'd really like to have a drive :wink: Fancy another visit to Dubai? I want to do a RR run before I get any work done so I can do a 'before and after'. Fancy arranging something? I'll buy lunch. :smiley:

Lunch offer is tempting; i’ll sure keep that in mind when i’m next in Dubai.:smile:

If you're not up for that, would you mind telling me a little about the v6 mod you did? Did the garage do the work for you? You just supplied the parts? Just want to get all the details correct before I get in tough with them. Thanks! :smile:

The V6 airbox was ordered and installed by TAM, its the same airbox used by the clio cup race cars, it will basically force in more air to the engine, however, you'll need to relocate the battery to get in the airbox.

Some snaps for you of my car.

Airbox:
airbox0111.jpg

Battery relocated to the boot:
battery0101.jpg

battery0103.jpg

OZ Alleggerita HLT 17”X8 ET55 with H&R 40mm lowering springs from MSW Dubai:
car00961g.jpg

Thanks for the info. Pics are great, looks really nice lowered. I'm going to fit coilovers after the engine work. Did TAM do the battery relocation for you to? I think I'll be giving them a call! :smile:

Thanks for the info. Pics are great, looks really nice lowered. I'm going to fit coilovers after the engine work. Did TAM do the battery relocation for you to? I think I'll be giving them a call! :smile:

Yap the battery relocation was done by them as well. good luck and let's know how things progress.

Thanks again. :smile:

Yet more questions, lol. Those wheels are 8" wide. Does that cause you any issues, such as catching the arches on full lock?