K-tec Diff

MikeLYR27

Supercharged Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Just been looking at the site and stumbled across their diff, has anyone got one on theres of have plans? Seems a bit pricy but looks like a very good mod! Be interesting to see how it handle's with it on!!

Unless your a seriously hardcore track monkey i dont see where the benefit of throwing 700quid at such a thing will come from.

Afterall the fancy suspension does an excellent job of cutting torque steer and maximising traction on the Clio, quite frankly the most balanced (open diff) FWD car ive ever driven.

Yes it wiil improve with an LSD but you have to concider the day-to-day factor, as an LSD can get tiresome at low speeds. One of the points the Mk1 Focus RS got slated for all those years ago.

If your car is your daily driver, you could spend the money better elsewhere in my opinion.

Part of the prob with the FRS is that the Quaife ATB can be a touch agressive for road use, a viscous type would probably be more suitable.

It's in my plans, but until I run out of warranty I'm not touching the car. That is pretty soon, in november this year, and that would be one of my first mods along with the suspension and a remap.

This Quaife diff has been on Demon-Tweeks website for some months now. Not really something I have ever seen any use for on the clio though - it simply doesn't have the great lumps of torque which cause problems.

I'd be very interested to see what a diff does to the Clio. I do find the Clio struggles for grip when u hit the throttle after the apex of a corner

I'd be very interested to see what a diff does to the Clio. I do find the Clio struggles for grip when u hit the throttle after the apex of a corner

I'm the same.

Especially 2nd gear corners on track, just have to wait that little bit longer to get on the power.

Our 500 has an E-Diff and it has 270 ft/lbs and get's it's power down quicker.

Regardless of the torque the 197/200 doesnt have a good comparison is the Championship White Type R it's 3secs a lap quicker than the standard car round Evo's track.

The racetracks here in Spain are pretty small (at least, the ones than I can afford to go on a trackday, and in those situations in when an LSD comes handy. I even have some turns that would require 1st gear, and I can do them as the car goes crazy.

I really would like to try one to see how it is.

I always loose traction from one wheel or another with Nos activated. Diff would make a huge improvement.