K&N Induction Kit HELP!

I fitted a 57i induction kit to the car last nite, i really love the deep tone when accelerating but i think that where it has to go in the engine bay is not ideal and some hot air from the engine is able to be sucked in. I flexi hose is provided and hooked up to the air vent to direct "cold" air to the cone but i am noticing when i am really ripping the car, the temp gauge moves up a fraction which i never noticed before.

I am not experiencing any noticeable lag or anything but i do want to get this set up as good as possible. If anyone has experience with a k&n on a 197/200 let me know!

Cheers

alright mate.

I'm not speaking from personal experience here but the general consensus on forced induction on 197's and 200's is that it tends to strangle the engine.

I remember a lad on the RenaultSport forum saying that after fitting an IK there was actually a drop in power when he put his 200 on a dyno run. Only about 3-4 bhp but a loss nevertheless.

take it out mate they are no good. ( you WILL lose bhp with it on ).

stick with a panel filter and thats it.

ok, but assume that i will be using it regardless, what could i do to improve it?? i really like the sound and dont mind a 3 hp loss as its not noticeable at all to me .

try cutting a hole in the wheelarch lining and get a feed from there if you must keep it.

Cut a hole in your bonnet to put a scope in, move your battery and put the biggest air filter you can find in. That's the only way I've seen it work

Heat sleeve round the silicone pipe and a £15 air filter heat shield off eBay directed next to the manifold.

cant say better if i was you get a ITG PANEL FILTER, i had a K&N Apollo and it was amazing in sound but noticeably slower

The chap wants the beasty sound over the small loss of horsepower. a meaty induction roar, for some reason, always sounds better than any exhaust note ever could.

It does make it sound better but im still pro panel filters on renaults (Fords however induction kit all the way)

Ok it thats the case then i would go for the induction kit KTEC do i know its expensive about £280 but only induction kit that works with the Clio.

Or fit a scoop on the bonnet and fit a cold air feed pipe to it (but be careful of water induction

The chap wants the beasty sound over the small loss of horsepower. a meaty induction roar, for some reason, always sounds better than any exhaust note ever could.

If i want to make some added noise with my zaust i just take off the cap to the panel filter (filter still in) and enjoy for half hour lol

I know wot u meen ben but do u not think its a bit of a chav noise?

You can't beat a good induction noise, better than a zorst noise IMO. I'm gutted that I can't get an ik to work on the 182, it would sound great with the zorst

I must agree, you can't beat the induction noise but usually its a trade off with HP. For now ive got the ITG pannel filter in mine and it sounds normal. On my 182 i had the K&N induction kit with a cold feed running from the bottom grill and it was fine as there was loads of cold air to feed it.
On the 197/200 im not sure it will be as easy (hence why i have a pannel filter for now)