just had new gearbox, now clutch PROBLEMS??.

Hi all,

Just had a new gearbox fitted to my 200, picked her up tnite and i immediately, noticed the clutch stroke on the pedal seemed to be shorter. Than it was pre new gear box, But i thought hay ho, proberly always been like this.(been driveing a crappy courtsy clio diesel for 15 days)

Anyway drove home and on one occasion i stuglled to get first or second gear off a standing start on a roundabout (had to bring the pedal back up to get the gear). The gears also seemed very jerky. Due to the short clutch bite stroke.

what do you guys think? normal or is it just me worrying .

thx miles

Straight back from we're it come from if your not happy don't sound right

took the girl back today, the tech guy recommend pumping the clutch, to shift the air bubble, and success sorted if problem re occurs the tech guy said bring it stright back and he,ll bleed the slave cylinder again.

You'd have thought the garage fitting it would give it a road test though to see if it worked correctly.:huh:

You'd have thought the garage fitting it would give it a road test though to see if it worked correctly.:huh:

In my personal case the car was driven a good hour before the pedal began to sink, then it got rebled, was okay for an hour and it went again. Eventually got it sorted though.