Inverness here we come!!!!!

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
Tomorrow night, me, the wife and the 197 are going on one the longest journey I have ever done in the 197....I have done this journey probably 30 times in the last 9 years by road, but this is special as it is the 197's first trip to Scotland.

So here it is:

dores.jpg

"C" is where we are staying - "B" is just a via point to make it go the way I want to go...

Liambo-201 is at "D", and I am going to see him on Sunday - I am looking forward to that a lot :smile::smile:

Isn't it strange that the first person I meet from this site that owns a 197 isn't the person who lives within 250 metres of my house, or the person whose car I see every day in Shoreham, 22 miles down the road, but someone who lives 730 miles away at the other end of the country!!!!!

We are leaving tomorrow evening, and driving up overnight - best to do it that way lol!!!

Liam matey, I am looking forward to it!!! (apart from the "language barrier" :wink: )

I wonder how many 197's i'll spot in Inverness??!!

:smile::smile:

Hope you have a good trip matey! Yeah thats quite funny are the local 197's not good enough for you lol! I would give anything to go back up to Loch Lomond this weekend, great roads even when icy!!!

roads should be fun up there in this weather
mate .up that way last year at aviemore.roads were closed
at dalwhine loads of snow.have a good one:smile:

Looking forward too seeing you mate :wink:

The language barrier shouldn't be a problem, i can speak some English haha!

But the roads are totally white up here at the moment mate.

Tis a very long trip indeed. The wife and I were up in Inverness last weekend. We took her RS Twingo as it will be the last road trip we take her on before we trade her in for our 200 on the 1st March.

Being from Glasgow, we had only 163ish miles to travel up (A9). Road was quiet so could give it the beans. We did pass through a few snow showers but wasnt too bad. Still a lot of snow on the hills. Looked superb.

So pics (Taken by the wife as I was driving):

DSC00291.jpg

DSC00295.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

DSC00293.jpg

We went to Nairn beach. Was freezing lol:

DSC00308.jpg

DSC00305.jpg

i have just had a 4 hour trip/drive to summerset last weekend for 2 nights away which was quite epic lol,

that is nothing to compare to what you are doing mate. :thumbup1:

drive safe and enjoy.

look forward to the piccy,s. :smile:

Just got to get the tyre mounted on the spare wheel, clean the inside (was going to do the outside, but there's probably no point lol!) and pack...wife is at work so can do it all undisturbed!

Noddie, those pics bring back memories of the A9 - I won't go that way, I prefer the scenic fun A82 way :smile::smile:

ETA to Glasgow is between 8 and 10 tomorrow morning - I'll wave as I go past. Can guarantee I'll be stopping in Hamilton services on the way through. The last time I stopped there this happened:

I was in the service area in Glasgow (hamilton) this morning filling the car up, when I heard a bottle smashing on the floor. I turned round to investigate and there was this bloke totally w**kered out of his face had dropped this bottle of whisky. He shouted in the broadest Glaswegian accent "ach for f**k sake, I need that", then stared at me and said "eh Jimmy, where abouts are the toilets? I need a slash!"

I pointed in the general direction of the restaurant bit, he walked/stumbled/fell over to near the door, wapped it out and pissed all over the walls ice cream sign.

I really couldn't help but burst out laughing, the security people found it funny, then disposed of him....Welcome to Glasgow indeed :tongueout:

Mike

omg when Liam said you were coming up here I did realise how far away you were. Looks like a good road trip though. The Inverness road will look amazing with the snow topped mountains. Hope you have a safe trip :smile:

omg when Liam said you were coming up here I did realise how far away you were. Looks like a good road trip though. The Inverness road will look amazing with the snow topped mountains. Hope you have a safe trip :smile:

Yeah Long Haul FTW!

Whenever I goto far flung places, I always try and meet someone from one of the sites I am on - hence the vast number of Yorkshire Sax-p people I know :smile:

Might you be popping up Sunday?

Ah I see that is a good idea. The snow has stopped for now had 3 inches today :worried:

I will be going about I think. Will you be heading through Aberdeen to go back home?

Yeah usually about 2-2.5k miles in a week lol!!!

Holiday has been overshadowed by the loss of an old friend in a horrific accident, I am totally gutted by this too. Very well known and very popular person on Saxperience, and if any of you are on there, or the civic forum, or 106 moaners club, you may now him.

Gav Collier, Japman, RIP

91.jpg

Ah I see that is a good idea. The snow has stopped for now had 3 inches today :worried:

I will be going about I think. Will you be heading through Aberdeen to go back home?

Not going back down the east side of Scotland as it is sooooooooooo icy and snowy!!!

Go back the A82 way!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G New Members 37
X Spotted 0
X Spotted 0
Johnny 99 Spotted 0
X Spotted 3