Insurance quote

Just had my insurance renewal basically the car (and myself ) are another year older another year without accidents claims or convictions so my premium goes up from £298 per year to £392 a rise of £94 with direct line Not bad compared to what some people pay
So lets shop around on go compare, Kwik fit came in at £294 i then re entered my details adding my girlfriend as a named driver although she probably wouldnt drive it any way as she has her own car , Kwik fit came back with a quote of £279 a saving of a further £ 15 ,More than came back with a quote of £223 for both of us
So with a bit of searching i have insured both of us for £169 less than my renewal quote the cover and excess are both identical ( fully comp, windscreen, excess etc )
I will contact Direct line and see what they offer for my 10 years loyalty

insurance companies give you nothing for being loyal. Always shop around. People rather steal each others business than retain their own. Sad.

Direct line always do it. I'm with Admiral and pay nearly £1000 for mine, loads cheaper than what other places were asking for.

£392 is cheap! Haha :smile:

Dont think that I have ever been with the same company for more than a year! Always shop around and always found it cheaper than my renewal ....

I'm 21 and paid £850 this year, got 4 years no claims, but only had my FULL licence 3 years. I thought that was quite good, especially considering that when I was 17 it cost me £1400 TPFT on an 8 year old 1.2 MK1 Clio! I think where you live has a big bearing on your insurance quotes, as well as the car and person TBH.

i think they do offer a loyalty program as I have consistantly seen my insurance premium reduce year on year with direct line. i currently pay £700 all mods declared

Admiral on a multi car quote, Dad mum and sister are all on it so i think thats helped greatly, about 500 cheaper then i cud find online

Yea, thats the same I'm on. mum, dad and me are on it, my dad doesn't complain about using it at the weekends either, haha.

LOL!

Admiral are a rip off!

They wanted nearly £1000 for two cars - two separate policies came up as £780.

BUT because I was in Germany when the new policy would have begun, they refused to insure me, so I moaned big time at Admiral, who then managed to get the price down to £833,64 - still more than two separate policies, but it meant I was actually insured lol!

Always worth shopping around though!

How have you got on with Direct Line?

Finally sorted insurance out With Swinton (Sun alliance) both of us on the policy £296 , but jesus what a ball ache it was , most of the quotes i posted earlier plus this one let you do all the milarky on the internet then when you go to pay tells you to ring them as payment may not be accepted and you arn,t covered when you ring them and go through the whole process again the price rises Swinton told me £340 until i pointed out that co compare which was on in front of me said £296 , so through the questions again in case a mistake had been made and i get it for £296 forty bloody minutes on the phone , still not a bad price

LOL!

Admiral are a rip off!

They wanted nearly £1000 for two cars - two separate policies came up as £780.

BUT because I was in Germany when the new policy would have begun, they refused to insure me, so I moaned big time at Admiral, who then managed to get the price down to £833,64 - still more than two separate policies, but it meant I was actually insured lol!

Always worth shopping around though!

How have you got on with Direct Line?

Admiral have done us a brilliant deal TBF

All three cars for £1140 and the KA's policy only has 1 year NCB. Very impressed with their price, expecially with all the stuff we have on it. Admirals downfall is their renewals which are a joke

Meh swings and roundabouts I suppose :wink:

I wonder how much our neighbour has to pay, being "in the spotlight" and all that :wink:

I'm sure he'd have to pay a lot more than most others???

R27, No mods
21 years old
4 years no claims
1 claim in 2007 (Still don't understand how that works)
£700 with Admiral.

Just did a go compare and cheapest was Quotea.co.uk with £1468.99

Age in this case does have its benefits , some expensive quotes on here for younger owners I,m fifty so im supposed to be sensible my G/F is thirty and she is more sensible than me both have full no claims and classed as professional in employment status it makes you wonder , when i can insure for both of us cheaper than just myself

??? what you mean ??? i dont follow you.

If you can read this thread which 99,9% of you won't be able to, then you'd understand what I mean. It's not something I want to be "common knowledge" - thats the only way I can think of putting it, and if you knew why, you'd understand lol :wink::wink::wink:

I cant afford it so im stuck with my 1.2TCE Clio :worried:

Clio R27
age 20
No mods
Tracker
£1000 volentry excess + 250 standard excess
2 years ncb

£2900!! with bell... i guess they don’t like to insure people who live in Liverpool!

Its not even like i live in a bad area, If i travel 10 mins down the road im in Lancashire which will make the insurance half!

Im paying £800 for my clio.. with admiral :worried:

Last edited:
Loyalty didnt help me in my case, with Directline.

I had a quote from Admiral for £769 and a identical quote (total excess £250 etc) from Directline came in at £1400.

Phoned Directline asking if they would match it as ive been with them since i started driving, they reduced it to ~£1200 but couldnt help me anymore. Woman on phone suggested i increase my excess maybe to £1000 to reduce my premium closer to that of what Admiral had given me. I just explained why would i want to do that when i can just insure it with Admiral with a £250 total excess and only pay £769, so thats what i did.