Insurance quote *shocked*

Thats because you're considered too young and inexperienced by insurers to drive a car like a 197.

And by me too, I was 19 once and made a few driving faux pas!

That's true, but insurance can be found for the 197 at that age, i had just turned 19 when i bought my R27. I had 1 claim to my name at my fault and i was only £700 for the year to insure it under my name.

Now i have 1 claim to my name (its due to come off) i have 5 years no claims and im £450 to renew my insurance this year. £500 with my extras.

Im also still trying to figure out how i have 5 years ncb and 1 claim and im only 22..:huh:

Sounds like I'm paying over the odds! :worried:

33yrs old 9 yrs NCB, no accidents, no claims, 3 points, cars garaged over night, partner is on the policy and my car was registered in March - I paid ~ £700.

However, that does include 17k miles pa, European cover, windscreen yadda yadda.

Rich

i know someone who is now 20, but was touring car racing at 19 too, and he'd run circles around everyone on the forum behind the wheel of a car :smile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_MacDowall

Explaining the fact you're a touring car driver (professional driver) will INCREASE the risk assumed by insurance companies, thus making your premiums more expensive.

Regardless of how good a driver you might / might not be, below 25 insurance is going to be costly on a 'sports' car, FACT!

Explaining the fact you're a touring car driver (professional driver) will INCREASE the risk assumed by insurance companies, thus making your premiums more expensive.

Regardless of how good a driver you might / might not be, below 25 insurance is going to be costly on a 'sports' car, FACT!

This doesnt have to be true.. Look at my post above...

If you read my OP you will see im now paying £370 and im 23, so it can be done you just need to get lucky.

it's on company insurance anyway (latest v8 m3) so it doesn't matter a toss to him. and i wasn't arguing that him being a driver, and an excellent one, would make it cheaper, i was arguing that he is a better driver on that all of us. as is clearly obvious in my reply. as i do not mention his insurance once.

Something can't be right with your price surely. You pay less than me, and no points / claims, 27, 8 years ncb. I smell a rat.

What postcode area do you live in?

I live in post code AB42 2YQ, one of the safest post codes in my area and its also garaged over night. No rat here just a kick ass insurance quote :biggrin:

best quotes im getting are £1600 and im 27, 3 years NCB, what am i doing wrong?

Im expecting to pay £150 a month on insurance, sucks but itll be worth it

i dont live in the best area but its still west london so not that bad, i think i need to ring round as all my internet quotes are really high

i had an IN10 a few years ago that still shows on my licence until end of april this year, maybe im blackballed or something lol

come 10am im phoning around as this can't be right, im 27, 3 years ncb, ride a pushbike to work so the car is in a secure car park all week & then only used on the weekends

just got quoted £3500 with endsleigh LOL

Last edited:
the code IN10 is an offence with something to do with insurance isn't it?

that might have something to do with it.