If you could change one thing about the clio.....

.....Mine would be
The ability to extract more power from this engine without having to sell a kidney to pay for it!!!!!! I NEED MORE POWER!!!!

.....Mine would be
The ability to extract more power from this engine without having to sell a kidney to pay for it!!!!!! I NEED MORE POWER!!!!

i had a 17 year old standard starlet gt turbo give me a shock tonite, on the straights i could not shake it, iam feeling the need for a charger kit more and more.

i had a 17 year old standard starlet gt turbo give me a shock tonite, on the straights i could not shake it, iam feeling the need for a charger kit more and more.

Take him down the twistys then see if he keeps up

Had the same experience last night with a cooper S. I tell myself it shouldn't matter but my Ego gets in the way.....Its almost like I'm defending my honour and manhood (my wife thinks I'm very sad)

it was at the point when we came to the end off the road, and he was rite behind me, i left the breaking late thinkin he'd pussy out and hit the breaks, but he stayed, then he nearly run up my arse trying to shut it down for the junction,

the brembos are ace i have to say.

later on i found out he cooked his breaks tryin to stop.

As above, the ability to get more power out of something simple like a remap / induction kit and air filter.

Seriously, the handling of the clio compensates big time for the lack of power. I knew it beforehand though so I'm not complaining for the poor accelaration, even though it can be frustrating from time to time:worried:

What I'd change, well in order of appearance

Megane gearbox (LSD)
shorter steering rack
easily mod engine

reduce the 1240kg.....to something like 1100kg

then direct injection, variable inlet manifold and twin variable camshafts :jase:

I've stepped back in terms of power, after owning a MK4 Ibiza Cupra with Forge goodies and a Revo stage 1 map (running 210bhp and 235 lb/ft torque), but I prefer the 197 (after owning a 172 cup previously, but writing it off ;/) - much more fun, looks nicer and suprisingly better fit and finish too.

The MPG isn't great but it isn't as bad as i've read on here and other forums!

*EDIT - I'd agree with the weight reduction, this car feels a lot less energetic than my 172 cup did*

Ye, I would say ditch some of the weight and the car would be a lot quicker. The only problem then would be it wouldn't stick to the road as well without making adjustments to the suspension.

weight loss improves everything. Lighter mass = better braking, acceleration and cornering not to mention improves mpg and tyre life.

Might have made the last one up. Would be interesting to see how much weight would need to be removed for an marked improvement.

Mazda have reduced the weight of their new 2 series hatch by 100kgs.
So shows what can be done when they want too.