If you could change one thing about the clio.....

If it was me I would want it under 1000kg with today's manufacturing techniques it shouldn't be impossible. If you look at Alfa's new C4 it is 850kg with 200+bhp - that is going to be a monster in every sense.

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=24225

If I am being completely honest I want a v6 and only two seats...

carbon fibre......and re-enforced plastics and of course a 2 seater - it would start to get silly money to get it below 1000kg unless it went a touch smaller bit like a mmmmm.....182 :rofl:

In addition to adding lightness
i'd like to stop the kangarooing
improve throttle response
quicker steering rack

german build quality.. ? !

carbon fibre......and re-enforced plastics and of course a 2 seater - it would start to get silly money to get it below 1000kg unless it went a touch smaller bit like a mmmmm.....182 :rofl:

Easy to get a 182 under 1000kgs, taking the rear seats out pretty much gets you there lol

Reckon i'd just want a bit more torque, make driving 'normally' easier.

Apart from that i'd like it to sound a bit better...oh wait i've got the miltek :smile:....and maybe a smoother power delivery with no flat spot or kangarooing.....oh wait i've had it remapped :smile:.....and also slightly better brakes....oh wait i've got Ferodo 2500's :smile:

Reckon i'd just want a bit more torque, make driving 'normally' easier.

Apart from that i'd like it to sound a bit better...oh wait i've got the miltek :smile:....and maybe a smoother power delivery with no flat spot or kangarooing.....oh wait i've had it remapped :smile:.....and also slightly better brakes....oh wait i've got Ferodo 2500's :smile:

Reckon you would have wanted the newer 200 top mounts to be the same as the older ones? :rofl:

Reckon you would have wanted the newer 200 top mounts to be the same as the older ones? :rofl:

I would of loved that!!!

A little better mpg would be nice but if I'm honest the car is near enough perfect in the spec I have it :smile: we all want to go faster but the Clio is very good at scratching the fast driving itch!

- Better mpg when cruising.
- Better gear ratios to allow this.
- More torque to allow this.
- Small capacity and turbo to provide this.

Handling is perfect, looks are pretty damned awesome as are the brakes, tyres out the box (in my opinion).

Rich

Twin turbo V6 Z4M engine in the back... and RWD XD

Sorry to be anal but isn't the z4m a straight 6?? :-p

If you want a twin turbo v6, the Nissan 350/370 engine would be a good bet and it is nearly OEM haha!!

more power would be good but think of it this way ive just drove a clio ripcurl 1.2 to a dealership and was so glad to get back to the 200.:thumbup:

I honestly can't think of much

The only time i want more power is when im racing someone elses car, and i'm not really ever aiming to do that so its not important to me, the looks are beautiful so wouldn't change anything there, and its sounds lovely as it is

I would like to have more feel of the road but i think that getting some new tyres might help.

Ah! the seat should be more adjustable in all ways & the side bolsters should be snugger, again something that will probly end up getting replaced

Id say that id prefer it to be easier to drive everyday, like you can lift the clutch with only a few revs & pull away smoothly, but really i wouldn't change it, i like that you have to be conscious of your clutch/gears/throttle a lot of the time, even if it is to just pull away at 20mph

come on the mpg is not that bad, I am making about 1200 miles a month and a difference to my dad's dci scenic is about 130 pounds a month on fuel cost... that is not enough of a paycheck for me to move into a diesel no way :smile: more torque low down so its a better daily driver and it would be perfect, and some of the electro magnetic adjustable shocks would do, a sports exhaust that gets louder with a touch of a button like in the porsches :smile: lsd and that would be it, I love the car, though a little bored of it - 3 and a half years of driving soon, maybe it should be a transformer, or at least have color changing ability or anything that would keep the fire going...

Sorry to be anal but isn't the z4m a straight 6?? :-p

If you want a twin turbo v6, the Nissan 350/370 engine would be a good bet and it is nearly OEM haha!!

True, straight 6's sound better anyway. But the engine's TT already so it'd be the easier conversion:thumbup: