Howdy! From one RS to another....

Hey Guys

I have recently sold my Focus RS Mk2 (pic below) as i needed something smaller and more agile due to moving home... into the town center! The Focus was absolutely brutal and sounded like it w as on acid but it was like driving a tank and as such had to go!

Picked up my new GW 200 this weekend and so far so good! Pics below. Enjoying the agility, certainly feels very "flingable" and like a little go kart in comparison to my old one, which is a good thing! Just need to make it sound a bit meatier so open to any suggestions there.

It came with Clio200.net stickers on so i'm guessing the old owner was on here too, hopefully not somebody with a rep for thrashing it half to death :001_rolleyes:

No doubt a few little tweaks here and there when i get round to it, but fine for now.

Exhaust seems to be hissing a little under neath so may need to go and check it checked out, won't do anything drastic though as may get a new one altogether if there are some good aftermarket options!

Anyway nice to meet you all!

Nick

Attachments

• RENAULT_CLIO_200_SPORT_2010_60_003.jpg
    RENAULT_CLIO_200_SPORT_2010_60_003.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 36
  • RENAULT_CLIO_200_SPORT_2010_60_007.jpg
    RENAULT_CLIO_200_SPORT_2010_60_007.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 30
  • RENAULT_CLIO_200_SPORT_2010_60_013.jpg
    RENAULT_CLIO_200_SPORT_2010_60_013.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 29
  • RENAULT_CLIO_200_SPORT_2010_60_009.jpg
    RENAULT_CLIO_200_SPORT_2010_60_009.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG-20110806-00434.jpg
    IMG-20110806-00434.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 43
That focus looks a right beast.

Look no further than an akrapovic exhaust.

Can't think off the top of my head who's motor that is.......

yeah the focus was a nutter :bye2:

Think i found out who had this Clio before already!

Cheers for the tip on the Akra, already checked them out and they are based just down the road from me! Would be interesting to find out the real diff between the Evolution and the slip on though..... can't find much info on it, so i'm all ears for advice here :smile:

Think the exhaust may be blowing to be honest! Sounds like some air hissing out whilst it's running from under the driver door so may be a better option to jump to an akra anyway???

Cheers

Nick

Nice motors. They all sounds a bit like that when they are idling. Akrapovic exhaust comes with much praise from the people who have taken the £1000 plunge! Lol!

Nice motors. They all sounds a bit like that when they are idling. Akrapovic exhaust comes with much praise from the people who have taken the £1000 plunge! Lol!

Might have to do it then! is the Evolution a de-cat though? Can't be doing with that. Want something legal that won;t knock my warning light on :thumbup:

£1000 is a stinger but not too bad..... the Focus RS has a £1600 kit on it! :huh:

Quite a different beast altogether, however there's been a few occasions where the Ford Focus RS Mk2 has been compared against the Renault Sport Clio 200.

I think I recall a comparison between the Focus RS 500 against the Clio 200, and the Clio was still hailed a champion in its own right.

Welcome to the site mate, I think the Clio does tend to hiss a little when idle just to ease any worries you have about that.

Welcome mate

Exhaust wise, depends how much you wana spend. If you're happy to pay the £1000 then do it, best system out there judging by the reviews and comments its had on here. But if you wana spend less then I have a Miltek on mine and i'm more then happy with it especially as its half the price :smile:

:welcome:

Love the RS (Focus). After seeing a few on the dyno at the weekend I now want one bad. Though it would have to be in green.

I'd definately recommend the Akra Evolution system. Tis quiet when your just doddling around but comes alive as the revs climb. Doesnt quite give the gains Akra claim it does.

I seen a gain of 4bhp and lost 4lb/ft of torque.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C New Members 10
AmosMoses New Members 16
lee.p.wood New Members 20
P New Members 4
REWST3R New Members 13