Howdy - Looking for my first Clio

Hi All,

Joined up to the forum as I'm currently on the look out for my first RS Clio.

Currently drive a Mazda MX5 that's been modded for light track work, i also use it as a weekend car/toy. Fed up of MX5 life and think its time to get a car with a real roof.

My dad had an R27 in Nimbus a few years back and let me have a go, i loved it and always said i'd own one. So here i am!

Ideally looking for a 197 Cup/ 197 with a Cup pack.

Have been to try an R27 with Recaros and don't think their going to be right unfortunately, being 6"5 and very leggy i struggled to get comfy without my legs being scary close to the lower dash.

Alex

Hi Alex, welcome to the forum! Good to hear that you think an RS would be the ideal choice :wink:

Any help that we can give, we would be more than happy to!

Hi Alex welcome to the Family lots of cars out on the market just finding the right one.Its only a fiver to join have a look at the buyers guide bud very useful any questions please ask. And enjoy and good luck with your quest

Welcome Alex, best of luck with the search. There is a way to make the Recaro seats sit a bit lower but that might still not be enough for you. The seating position in these cars is a little on the high side!

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
Welcome aboard Alex !

Enjoy the forum and the best of luck in your search.

Be patient and do your homework - there's plenty around and no need to settle for anything less than your ideal car !!

welcome along Alex..fingers crossed you find the right car..if anything give us a shout..

Thanks Guys! Am trying to find a normal seat 197 nearby so i can see how i fit, if it any worse i'll have to get an axe out and shorten these legs! :sweatsmile:

So today been to look at a cup with recaros and a regular car with Recaros.

The cup, no reach adjustment is a no no so that cars off the list, also standard seats give me less room than the Recaros.

So look like the car for me is a 197 with recaros and a cup chassis. I spy a nice blue one for sale on here so may enquire.

Reactions: Jimmy
Well today this happened! Big thanks to Nick for letting me buy such a great car. Just need to shift my mx5 and I can press this into duty!

Attachments

• IMG_9677.JPG
    IMG_9677.JPG
    932.8 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: nickisokay

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C New Members 10
lee.p.wood New Members 20
P New Members 4
REWST3R New Members 13
Sport200 New Members 26