Hogg's Albi 197 track car

Hi all, Magnus here from Sweden. Been lurking around on this forum for a while but thought it would be great to create a thread for my own 197 track build and get some valuable info and feedback from this great forum.

Bought the car in 2017 while living in Norway and used it as commuter between the two countries for a while. When it was time for a holiday I drove it down to the ring to test it out, the car was totally stock by that time.
Back to work again it wasn't long until I had an off in Norway, swerving for a herd off sheep an went off at 70 km/h into a ditch.
Got the car repaired and by then I had changed into a Daimler xj40 as my daily driver and commuter.
Decided it's was now the time to get on with the 197 orginial plan of turning it into a track car.
Fast forward to today, I have been on several trackdays with the car here in Sweden and have along the way slowly been upgrading it for track use with the following mods/upgrades;

*Gaz golds
*Half cage
*stripped out interior
*K-tech cat back system
*AR-1's
*OMP steering wheel
*Vibratech engine and gearbox mount
*Renault Sport spoiler

Going in:
Bucket seat
6-point harness
brake ducts

On the wishlist:
Gripper diff
Super or Turbocharger
CAE or ZPO shifter

My instagram account is @scuderia_fungoole for more pictures, a follow is highly appreciated.

Decisions decisions.....
Spend a few hours this morning just reading up on lightweight batteries.
More conservative lead options around 6-8kg seems to work just fine:
Odyssey PC680
Red top 25

But I can't really let the thought go on running a LiFEPO4 battery, do any of you guys run these kinds of super lightweight batteries?
Read abut one guy on here running a LiFEPO4 12V 10Ah!

Found this 20Ah here in Sweden that I'm considering Lithium-Ion batteri(LiFePO4) 12,8V/20Ah med PCM För mindre motorer, larm, backup mm. - batteriexpressen
What are your thoughts and/or experience with LiFEPO4 for the Clios?
My car is a track car only with ac delete.

/Cheers

You’re not going to notice a few KG in a Clio. I’d stick with a simple lead battery like the red top or PC680

Reactions: Don Hogg
Thinking about moving the car to another garage to work on it. Waiting on a new battery (relocating it) for it but right now I don´t have a battery at all.
Can I disengage the steering lock (keyless start) somehow if I tow the car?

Well crap! is there anywhere on ebay or similar that sells the d1s xenon bulbs for our cars? can only find d1s with a square ignitor? Renault charges 200quid for one bulb :drunk:

What part number is the head lights because they might be D2S bulbs both were used
View attachment 155283
Actually, you where right! although the dealer said it is a d1s. I,m on the lookout for one of the ignitors for the xenon as i
ve seem to have misplaced one of them during disassembly a year ago or so....
Does anyone have the partnumber for this? it only says "06C20" on it?

Attachments

• Valeo-D1S-to-D2S-igniter__38487.jpg
    Valeo-D1S-to-D2S-igniter__38487.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 1
Got the d2s and ingitor for the xenons of the local scrapyard and i'm now getting the car ready for inspection.
I have a sport steering wheel installed and removed that to reinstall the orginal wheel. Is it just to push in the green and purple connection? they don't seem to stay in place?
A bit worried when fiddling about with the airbag..

SO, re-assembled everything aswell as the steering wheel and now i got a "airbag light on"? Everything works normal apart from that such as horn and cruise control. I´ve had both the steering wheel out and the two seats but everything is reconnected but still airbag light?

1. Can you completely airbag lights off with CLIP?
2: Clock spring, if that malfunctions what is the worst case? Steering lock up? Don´t want that on the ring.

Pic for att;

Attachments

• clio.jpeg
    clio.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 5
SO, re-assembled everything aswell as the steering wheel and now i got a "airbag light on"? Everything works normal apart from that such as horn and cruise control. I´ve had both the steering wheel out and the two seats but everything is reconnected but still airbag light?

1. Can you completely airbag lights off with CLIP?
2: Clock spring, if that malfunctions what is the worst case? Steering lock up? Don´t want that on the ring.

Pic for att;
CLIP allows you to turn off lights, but it is not like a simple off switch for all of the air bags.

The car knows when something is connected or missing. Through CLIP you tell the car that the particular airbag is or is not present.

Not sure about the clock spring.

Reactions: Don Hogg
Sounds like you’ve goosed the ribbon cables in the squib. Wheel off and check connections and more than likely replace (if you want to keep the cruise control and airbags)

Took off the steering wheel to check connectors and things look ok? Horn, cruise control etc works, only the airbag light is on:angry:.
Couldn´t see anything wrong with the clock spring but I recall reading about a cracking noise which I also had with the sport wheel on.
I´m tempted to reassemble everthing included the airbag but leave it connected on top of the steering wheel. Hmm, wondering how sensitive it is ?:grin: will it go pop!

Attachments

• clockspring2.JPG
    clockspring2.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • clockspring1.JPG
    clockspring1.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 11