Hmmm found this on a scooby forum...

And i quote:

'lol at this thread, we owned a 197 last night in a vectra 1.9CDTI and with 4 lads in the car. All four of us are on cliosport and three of them still had clios and i sold mine for a wrx. we owned his arse big time.

This is the same lad who bullied a blobeye sti in his stripped clio 172... and yes the sti was trying lol.'

The arrogance of subaru owners lol, there are some deluded petrolheads out there but subaru and moped owners are amongst the worst offenders ( And yes i did compare a subaru owner to a moped chav :tongueout: ).

Blue rally jacket and yellow 10 year old design stickers anyone?

The irony in this post is funny.

I find Clio owners the same.

"My car can go 1000mph around a corner" and "had a race with a (insert car) and kicked its ass" they are the ones I love the most from this forum and CS.

You get them in any car scene from french tins to rust bucket XR fords.

However for some real honest bull**** you can beat a scooby owner, they think they own the road with their gold wheels and excessively loud dump valves ( im suprised they have any boost left to get the thing going with 30psi of it pissing out the DV ).

And besides clio owners are honest, we do beat everything :tongueout:

They are total douche bags at times! Pisses me off.

My worst experiences always seem to come from men in 2.0 TDI Audio's and BMW's..

Lmao at vectra owner....... Was he dreaming? I eat these for breakfast.

I've had a few muppets in S3's trying to give it a go in the twisties with me. One word... Hillarious. Would wipe the floor with a 197 in a straight but don't have anything on a decent driver in a 197 on B-roads.

I've had a few muppets in S3's trying to give it a go in the twisties with me. One word... Hillarious. Would wipe the floor with a 197 in a straight but don't have anything on a decent driver in a 197 on B-roads.

I had a W reg S3 go up the quarter mile with me three or four times and the times were basically the same..

But as for the newer ones.. I have had a 'spirit drive' with a fair few and on the straights damn those things are freaking fast and was demolishing me by about 5 or 6 car lengths but on bends etc i was stuck behind them all the time. You do notice a huge different with the driver too. Some of them i was pushing round bends but some i was just behind them.

Harder to lead than follow mate. Ive had an alfa brera nearly lose it when i was tailing him. Think he turned and broke at same time ........ Bad driving......... I was always taught shed ure speed before the corner then power out of it. Works a treat.

I drive an astra 1.9 cdti 150 and I lose very little to Type R's and Corsa VXR's and I am running that without a remap. My dad used to run the 888 which had the remap and that was just a tad faster than a Focus ST and the astra only had 8,000 miles on the clock so barely broken in!

mate if its a 19cdtI its 150bhp std,with a remap 200+bhp and 350-400ftlb.

I remember the thread on CS. It was 300+ftlb, it was also verified by the three passengers (all CS members). What could not be verified was the state of mind of the Clio driver; was he trying or not, he never came forward so it's hard to call it.

What could not be verified was the state of mind of the Clio driver; was he trying or not,

in all truth who cares,anyone that want's to race should do it on track,why put other peoples lifes in danger just so you can show off.
what next my dad can beat up your dad.:lol:

Last edited:
in all truth who cares,anyone that want's to race should do it on track,why put other peoples lifes in danger just so you can show off.

Have to agree, iirc the thread starting getting abusive with "my car this & my car that", anyone who subjects three of their mates/passengers to that sort of behaviour is pathetic.

lol...Agree. Like sayin' my d**ks bigger than yours. Who cares (apart from my wife), just comes down to what the car means to you. If you want speed and to never be beaten, buy a motorbike and increase your life insurance policy!!!!!

Lol, motorbikes are the ultimate boy racer machine.

Myself, having just got rid of a gt tdi mk 4 golf, I wouldn't own another diesel.

They are fun but life below 5,000 revs gets tiresome.

Tbf I could see a remapped dci at least keeping up in a straight line, the torque they throw out is amazin. But a 197/200 would muller it in the braking zones and round corners lol

gouldy ure right. u want a thrill get on a bike . .. . but please dont kill yourself thinking ure in moto GP

Seriously who cares?

There are always faster cars out there!

My mate has a 350bhp fiat coupe and in a straight line with a rolling start it can embarrass cars worth 50 times more! But I still prefer my Clio!!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FISHBOY eBay Finds 0
MissMagpiev6 Interior and Audio 43
Ian_R Clio General Chat 9
D Clio General Chat 11
Mike General Chat 9