Hmmm....

On the way back from work, through some twisty B roads, had a Mini Cooper S (Supercharged), stuck on my back bumper and I just couldn't shake him either on the straights or in the corners:jumpon:

It did look modified though - heres to hoping it was running more than stock power!:thumbdown:

I've had a bit of a play with Cooper S Convertible and was the same, nothing in it at all!! Couldn't pull away or he couldn't gain. It was my mate's car, and was a standard car from factory but then the 1st owner put all the John Cooper Works stuff on to it. Not sure what it was running.

Yeah they are pretty nippy. They've only got 170bhp but they get quite a bit more torque thanks to that supercharger. Im pretty sure the 0 - 60 time is the same as a 197

My old cooper S was running 260 BHP- courtesy of 10k worth of mods @ GTT tuning ( I didnt pay for them I like to add)

I ruined many a 197- It also had full adjustable billstein suspension-

Had great fun in that car....
S

its always easier to follow a car on a twisty road :001_rolleyes: they are effectively clearing the way for you!

Yeah, I can understand that.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't want to start a 'Will my 50000 bhp 197 beet a Mini Cooper S innit' style thread - more musing then anything.

Doesn't surprise me, they are cracking little cars. Have considered a few times getting one a few years old and turning it into a track monster :smile:

Pedal to the metal jobbie was it???
Was there any touching cloth in the twistys???

Doesn't surprise me, they are cracking little cars. Have considered a few times getting one a few years old and turning it into a track monster :smile:

I respect them for sure :smile:

Pedal to the metal jobbie was it???
Was there any touching cloth in the twistys???

It wasn't meant to be, until he flew up behind me and sat stupidly close to the bumper.

Well the conditons were similar to when I wrote the old Cup off - so a couple of '5p - 50p' moments:rofl:

Yeah, I can understand that.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't want to start a 'Will my 50000 bhp 197 beet a Mini Cooper S innit' style thread - more musing then anything.

i wouldnt bother too much - could have been tweeked and also he could have been a better driver ;/

far too many variables to worry over

Similar Thread Suggestions