Highest mileage?

Ditto. I've also seen cars well over 120k that are fine!

Not a clio but my first track day alfa had 99k on it when i got it, 4 years later it was on 141k, 9 ring trips, countless track days and redlined everywere and the engine was still sweet as a nut.

Oil changed every 6k miles, cambelts done on time and well looked after makes a difference. :thumbup:

mines a 56 plate and has 72 k on the clock now, brought from the auctions ex bt fleet full service history, had the cam belt changed water pump just the usual really, no problem at all still drives very nicely, only 1 download, the front is full of stone chips as its spent half its life on the motorways which is a shame because i like my paint perfect.

Mines ex BT fleet too. Although mine was only on 25k when I brought it at 4 years old never had a problem but had 2 kerbed alloys which dealer refurbed and a dint in the bonnet. They replaced and sprayed the whole bonnet.
40k now and I've suffered no issues runs sweet as a nut.
Think they look after their cars these BT people IMO.

As above colour and pano sun roof and the fact it has most options baring the recaros/spoiler/splitter and skirts will put price up. I have a pano sunroof in mine and it's definitely worth the extra and youll be hard pushed to see another 197 with one as they are a rarity :smile:

Last edited:
Have a nosy at Ralphybmw's thread

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4391

His was high mileage when he bought it, a well looked after car and a belting example of how a high mileage french hot hatch can still be kept going, was still in great nick when he sold it as well

Cheers!

My 56 plate was on 95k when I sold it earlier this year.

There were some issues (ball joint, dropping drivers door, bolster wear, clutch & slave, worn syncro, blowing exhaust manifold, weeping from a rocker cover bolt), but with the exception of the clutch & slave these seem common for the age rather than the mileage. Certainly while mine was probably the highest miler on the forum it didn't come up with any issues that other people hadn't already experienced.

During my tenure it took several track days in its stride, and got properly chucked about without any complaint.

Not a clio but my first track day alfa had 99k on it when i got it, 4 years later it was on 141k, 9 ring trips, countless track days and redlined everywere and the engine was still sweet as a nut.

Oil changed every 6k miles, cambelts done on time and well looked after makes a difference. :thumbup:

From an Alfa Romeo!? I am impressed lol.