Highest possible BHP standard engine?

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know roughly what the highest BHP is you can get a 200 to without supercharger or turbo?

Thanks

Yes. Schricks, decat exhaust system, V6 airbox or Maxogen, matched inlets, enlarged TB, remap. There maybe other things I've forgotten.

ITBs will allow you to go higher but they are serious money.

So Basically better off savings some money and megane engine converting it and then just mod that up to whatever you want!!?

Depends on what you want how you want the car to drive.

You could go down the Meg route, get it forged, cammed, hybrid turbo, diffed gearbox and have a reliable 350 BHP monster with a redline line of nearly 7k. It would be awesome but would drive differently to the Clio.

Or you could forge, cam, diff and supercharge the Clio. This would be an epic 330ish monster that would screem to nearly 8k and drive just like the Clio. You may need to change the gearbox a few times but who cares..

Both would end up costing a lot of dollar. Having been in both Jonseys Meg conversion and Mike's supercharged animal I can say if I was going with my heart and soul it would be supercharger but if I was going with my head it would be the Meg conversion but I'd always have that thing in the back of my mind that said "should've gone for a charger"... Lol

Or you could forge, cam, diff and supercharge the Clio. This would be an epic 330ish monster that would screem to nearly 8k and drive just like the Clio. You may need to change the gearbox a few times but who cares..

The way this is written sounds perfect to me lol.

Depends on what you want how you want the car to drive.

You could go down the Meg route, get it forged, cammed, hybrid turbo, diffed gearbox and have a reliable 350 BHP monster with a redline line of nearly 7k. It would be awesome but would drive differently to the Clio.

Both would end up costing a lot of dollar. Having been in both Jonseys Meg conversion and Mike's supercharged animal I can say if I was going with my heart and soul it would be supercharger but if I was going with my head it would be the Meg conversion but I'd always have that thing in the back of my mind that said "should've gone for a charger"... Lol

Thanks very much for that much help! but out of the two which is quickest and has worst torque steer, worst wheel spinning, and which on keeps the handling best cause that is the MAIN!! thing i need over here, and the superchargers little bit more dollar though isnt it!? Thanks mate sorry for all the questions haha

Thanks very much for that much help! but out of the two which is quickest and has worst torque steer, worst wheel spinning, and which on keeps the handling best cause that is the MAIN!! thing i need over here, and the superchargers little bit more dollar though isnt it!? Thanks mate sorry for all the questions haha

Supercharger: Imagine the same shape power curve you have now, but just higher up the graph.

Turbo: Imagine all power coming in about 2000-2500 and changing up about 6.5k-7k

You really need to have a go in a high powered old school turbo car. The first time I went in a 400bhp Mitsu Evo I thought he had engaged warp speed when it came on boost.

Supercharger: Imagine the same shape power curve you have now, but just higher up the graph.

Turbo: Imagine all power coming in about 2000-2500 and changing up about 6.5k-7k

You really need to have a go in a high powered old school turbo car. The first time I went in a 400bhp Mitsu Evo I thought he had engaged warp speed when it came on boost.

This sums it up perfectly.. Personally as said my heart is with the supercharger.. Mike's is having more work done but it was running at around 260 and with the Clio gearbox it, was bloody quick

This sums it up perfectly.. Personally as said my heart is with the supercharger.. Mike's is having more work done but it was running at around 260 and with the Clio gearbox it, was bloody quick

Thanks for that guys! I need something quicker but with the same handling roughly but want it around 300bhp if possible with a super charger! And they sound amazing haha

If you're chasing power then the 197/200 is the wrong car.

Sell it and buy a Focus ST, Megane RS, Ibiza Cupra, Golf Ed.30 etc..

Can only turbo or supercharged the clio can't sell it or trade it in atm unfortunately otherwise I would have bought a focus rs in a heart beat and tried to many times but had problems due to parents I'm afraid haha story of my life I know haha but that's why I have to keep the clio!

Although there are many 182 turbos I don't think there are any 197/200 turbos. As far as I'm aware the only people working on turbocharging the F4r 830 variant is Engine Dynamics.

Reactions: Digitaldaz
Really horses for courses. I decided that I was gonna keep my Clio but equally decided that wanted it to drive less old school...Love NA but as a daily, its hard work have to work for the power. Fitting the meg engine wont be as fun but will make the Clio easier to drive fast.