Highest mileage?

Who has the highest mileage in their 197 / 200? Also what problems (if any) has your car suffered getting there?

Reason I'm asking is I've seen the perfect car but with 80k on it and it's putting me off

It will be on its 8th gearbox by then :tongueout:

Joking apart, as long as its been looked after that's all that matters.

Id rather have a car with 80k on the clock that's been cared for than one that's done 20k and been ragged, booted from cold and poorly-maintained.

Last edited:
It's from a dealer so will have a warranty, I'm just worried of the French build quality failing me and worse still the mrs saying "I told you so!"

I'm on about 51k. No problems since I have had the car. Bought it 2.5 yrs ago on 38.5k. Gearbox is great, is it later gearboxes that went wrong or any of them?

Probably a lot of motorway miles. Really depends on how many miles you do. I bought a high milage car 38.5k in just under 3 years, but it is now low to average miles, 51k in 5.5years.

I've always found mileage to be a piss poor indicator on cars health.

Seen a shocking examples of older cars with low (genuine) mileage with no end of problems.

I've always found mileage to be a piss poor indicator on cars health.

Seen a shocking examples of older cars with low (genuine) mileage with no end of problems.

Ditto. I've also seen cars well over 120k that are fine!

mines a 56 plate and has 72 k on the clock now, brought from the auctions ex bt fleet full service history, had the cam belt changed water pump just the usual really, no problem at all still drives very nicely, only 1 download, the front is full of stone chips as its spent half its life on the motorways which is a shame because i like my paint perfect.

Probably a lot of motorway miles. Really depends on how many miles you do. I bought a high milage car 38.5k in just under 3 years, but it is now low to average miles, 51k in 5.5years.

Poor driver. He must have gone through boxes of ear plugs!:smiley: