HI another new clio 197 owner :)

ZaShark

Platinum Member
Hi all

Another owner of this fine Clio 197 beauty in nimbus grey! have had the car about 2 months now, And its amazing in all aspects. But sadly does need some tlc here and there from what i can see. Slowly but surely will get there especially with your guys help and support.

Will post a pic soon of it :smile:

Reactions: Beany
Welcome along and I’m sure most people on here will be happy to help where they can. Good to see one bought by somebody who’s planning on looking after it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ZaShark
Thank you guys for the warm welcome really appreciate it, after seeing some of the most amazing clios and the projects done on here if my car is a smidge in there direction am happy wow there amazing really awesome fantastic work done!!!!!

Got another picture of it the next day after getting it washed. Looks clean, but dam this car gets filthy fast! likes to be washed every other day will have to look in to something soon as it really is a dirt magnet lol i know other cars that dont get washed for months that stay more shiny and clean, very strange :think: Is there some sort of secret for the nimbus or something am missing lol

20180203_114515_zpshntqa4v5_edit_1526375195140_zpsds2ziasq.jpg

And just asking does any one on here know this beauty by any chance?

Reactions: Pav
Thank you guys for the warm welcome really appreciate it, after seeing some of the most amazing clios and the projects done on here if my car is a smidge in there direction am happy wow there amazing really awesome fantastic work done!!!!!

Got another picture of it the next day after getting it washed. Looks clean, but dam this car gets filthy fast! likes to be washed every other day will have to look in to something soon as it really is a dirt magnet lol i know other cars that dont get washed for months that stay more shiny and clean, very strange :think: Is there some sort of secret for the nimbus or something am missing lol

20180203_114515_zpshntqa4v5_edit_1526375195140_zpsds2ziasq.jpg

And just asking does any one on here know this beauty by any chance?

Photo not showing mate. Bloody photofucket...

Wheels need a refurb. Don't know where you are but a few guys on here have had theirs done for a VERY cheap price recently near Birmingham I think. I'd be tempted to go dark grey too. And do the callipers at the same time maybe?

I'd also paint the spoiler black. Not sure the baby blue works!

And I'd definitely remove the fake R27 stickers if it was me. They don't look right in black. But that's just because I'm used to the proper ones I guess.

Splitter finishes off the front end nicely.

Looking good mate.

These cars attract dirt like nobody's business.......the amount of cleaning required is unbelievable but well worth it.....BTW sorry to say that i must agree that Baby Blue spoiler has "GOT TO GO".
:blackdiamond::kilt:

Wheels need a refurb. Don't know where you are but a few guys on here have had theirs done for a VERY cheap price recently near Birmingham I think. I'd be tempted to go dark grey too. And do the callipers at the same time maybe?

I'd also paint the spoiler black. Not sure the baby blue works!

And I'd definitely remove the fake R27 stickers if it was me. They don't look right in black. But that's just because I'm used to the proper ones I guess.

Splitter finishes off the front end nicely.

Looking good mate.
Thanks mate, so you can see the pic now? really that photo uploading is PITA.

Deffo agree the wheels will be getting the treatment soon enough, especially that driver side front! not sure on the colour but grey also sounds very good. In this time i have already fitted Newish calipers which are red with new discs and new pads plus red hel brake lines, about a week ago :smile:

The spoiler lol is funny i know believe it or not have had a lot of mixed views on it lol some people say leave it, some say the same as the car and others black, personally i am with you there i prefer it in black, so what i was planning is to spray it the car colour and then probably plasti dip it black, that way its the best of both worlds hopefully.

HHhmmm i like the stickers lol ive never seen the original ones in the flesh to be honest. And they alone can make my car go faster we all know that :smile: sadly they will have to come off as also sooner or later the car will be resprayed. Will they come back though?!

Yeah mate it does alright, love the splitter and hopefully will get the matching side skirts sooner or later aswell,
ill get there slowly but surely. thanks for the input.

These cars attract dirt like nobody's business.......the amount of cleaning required is unbelievable but well worth it.....BTW sorry to say that i must agree that Baby Blue spoiler has "GOT TO GO".
:blackdiamond::kilt:

Thanks mate for the heads up but true it looks the business after a wash but theres got to be something lol wow its brutal :thumb: The car wash guys seem to even hate me lol honestly the owner told me you wash your car then i do and hes there every day lool Really should start a vote on it, honestly have had people say wow that colour on the spoiler is nice, am like you serious? there like that is pretty cool and it breaks the car up you know it stands out, and am there left scratching my head thinking no not for me but thanks for the advice. :think:

Reactions: R11HOY
Thanks mate, so you can see the pic now? really that photo uploading is PITA.

Deffo agree the wheels will be getting the treatment soon enough, especially that driver side front! not sure on the colour but grey also sounds very good. In this time i have already fitted Newish calipers which are red with new discs and new pads plus red hel brake lines, about a week ago :smile:

The spoiler lol is funny i know believe it or not have had a lot of mixed views on it lol some people say leave it, some say the same as the car and others black, personally i am with you there i prefer it in black, so what i was planning is to spray it the car colour and then probably plasti dip it black, that way its the best of both worlds hopefully.

HHhmmm i like the stickers lol ive never seen the original ones in the flesh to be honest. And they alone can make my car go faster we all know that :smile: sadly they will have to come off as also sooner or later the car will be resprayed. Will they come back though?!

Yeah mate it does alright, love the splitter and hopefully will get the matching side skirts sooner or later aswell,
ill get there slowly but surely. thanks for the input.

Photos, you can just use the "upload image" button at the bottom of a new post window, once uploaded, click where you want it to appear in your post, and then click on "insert full image". MUCH easier!

Good shout on the brakes. Red calipers always look cool!

Spoiler, full black or Nimbus wing with black endplates will always look good I think.

As for the R27 stickers, there's a link to our build thread underneath this post if you wanna see pics of the real ones.

Photos, you can just use the "upload image" button at the bottom of a new post window, once uploaded, click where you want it to appear in your post, and then click on "insert full image". MUCH easier!

Good shout on the brakes. Red calipers always look cool!

Spoiler, full black or Nimbus wing with black endplates will always look good I think.

As for the R27 stickers, there's a link to our build thread underneath this post if you wanna see pics of the real ones.

Thanks for that mate, appreciate it and will come in handy, the uploading to third partys was being strange.

Thank you sir, the car came with rear red calipers, and sadly once i got the car back discovered a massive judder upon braking, lol not the kinda force i was expecting from the mighty brembos! so after i and a friend lifted up, we tried to spin the wheels and the D/S wheel wouldnt turn :worried: bit more poking around and it was 1 piston on the caliper sticking so i thought i would at first get them fully refurbed and painted red after seeing all the other beauts but decided to get some remanufactured ones in red with 12 month warranty for some piece of mind. but with that came the disc and pads being eaten by the 4 pot monster so got genuine brembo hc front discs and genuine brembo pads and while i was there got hel transparent red brakes lines aswell. so got them all fitted and seem to be working rather good to be honest maybe too good lol. When i bought the car i knew i would have to do some work to it and aslong as it comes in slow and steady am happy with it, Absolutely amazing machine and your spot on about giving it a boot now and then, but in my experience as long as shes warmed up its all gravy :thumb:

The spoiler i will get around to it and it shall be the beautiful Nimbus with black end plates indeed, and if it looks out standing ill maybe leave it alone other wise it shall be dipped. I like to do mods where i can change them back to standard with out much trouble as i understand and respect every one is different and when it comes to colours theres never a right or wrong answer (well in most cases lol :wink: not the baby blue, it wasnt my doing, honest :smile: )

Later on in the year i will get the car resprayed and thats when the stickers will come of but for give me for being a imposter of sorts but i do like them :smile: maybe ill kinda put them back on or not its just when i got the beauty it came with them, but we will see when the time comes :smile: and yes i shall sir have a nosey and that lovely original r27 of yours.

Wow thats a beauty alright and i see the stickers are grey in original colour?. I will get though all that posting over the next few days sir and really wow! Maybe i'll do a progress mod thread aswell. Thanks again though guys :thumb: