Another Clio RS200 - Hello!

Afternoon all and general "Hello"

Steve, from Somerset (living in B'mouth) Just joined the forum after recently purchasing a Black Clio RS200 w/cup pack. Car is 1 owner on 13k to which i've added 6k in 2 months.

Sold Honda s2000 which I ran for 3 years as a daily and in that time did 2 trips to Nurburgring. Great car which I had NO issues with during my ownership. Was running Bride Seat, Buddyclub Dampners, Spoon N1, AD08's etc etc. I did have a Clio 16v (hybrid) back in the day which 'Craig at APD' fitted. Unsure if he is still on the forums?

Prime reason for the Clio is as something newer that I can commute in when required and generally save some money whilst having fun (30mpg doesn't bother me)

I'm off to Nurburgring :german: at the start of Sept, so decided to do the following in a big bang way, whilst keeping general drivability.

- Sabelt RS Seat w/ RS Rails.
- Schroth Harness
- Bilstein B14 (Road car after all)
- Akrapovic Evo
- Brakes all round (Ds2500 fronts and standard rears)
- Braided Lines
- Cambelt and W/pump service (fun considering the car is only on 19k.. missing the chain in the Honda)
- OZ wheels / Cup wheels
- Stripped (keeping the stereo :tongueout:)

Nothing new above to what I have seen on the forum but all done at the same time will be interesting. I must say, coming from a S2000 to this, the chassis advancements are obvious and expected to a car designed in 1999. General suspension on the cup I think is good, and I having driven LOTS of cars (mostly due to age) I think its a great day to day package.

I'll be lucky enough to have a RS cup mechanic doing the work so may end up with a few funky bits on there.

I will post some pictures up when work starts and ends in a few weeks, but completely standard atm.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum :smile:

Yep some nice mods there already! Always good to hear people's thoughts when they've come from a different type of performance car to a Clio :smile:

Welcome Steve,

Some great plans there and using the 200 for what its best at aswell.

Oh BTW -11198-1263950539-69873955db6d4717415ce667f3b0d2b8.gif

Welcome! Plans sound good. I'm from
Devon so not to far away, love the Nurburgring went for the 5th time in June. Not taken the RS over yet but will next year!

Nick

Thanks all! :hug:

I will get some pictures up this weekend! Currently its a standard 'Black' Cup Pack 200 with a pile of bits to be fitted!

11198-1263950539-69873955db6d4717415ce667f3b0d2b8.gif <I agree but this was just a 'Hello' :wink: