helmet stickers

:thumbup1::thumbup1:hi all,after a recent track day at which i hired a helmet there's no way i would go this route again...

f*&k me the smell of some scabby ****s dried sweat was just to much for me so for £50 i've bought my own for next time

helmets come so big,bulky and white so i've tried to tame it down with a few decals,

not sure if i've gone to far though,opinions appreciated...

8075204615_e0fb813186_b.jpg
001 by scott1532, on Flickr

i,ve tried to keep things inkeeping with the car,

8075121506_66e9f57347_b.jpg
005 by scott1532, on Flickr

had to stick my first track up there,

8075191531_434d416770_b.jpg
002 by scott1532, on Flickr

and just a piece of pooh to fill a space at the back for now,

any ideas welcome,cheers

scott

Last edited:
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, Looks excellent. The MSA or for road use do not allow stickers as they could be used to mask cracks in the helmet.

Not sure about track days, just be careful and keep it in mind when heading onto track.

Ps. Looks great :smile:

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, Looks excellent. The MSA or for road use do not allow stickers as they could be used to mask cracks in the helmet.

Not sure about track days, just be careful and keep it in mind when heading onto track.

Ps. Looks great :smile:

ah cool matey,cheers.... but what does MSA mean?

Motorsport Assosciation, It's the FIA for great Britain (Federation international Automobile) (French)

The MSA is like the FA is to some small sport called football?
and FIA is like FIFA.

Basically they are the people that run 95% of motorsport in the UK, they are the highest level of officials in british motorsport at a national level.

Motorsport Assosciation, It's the FIA for great Britain (Federation international Automobile) (French)

The MSA is like the FA is to some small sport called football?
and FIA is like FIFA.

Basically they are the people that run 95% of motorsport in the UK, they are the highest level of officials in british motorsport at a national level.

get ya now cheers bud,guess your a bitter man u fan?

You'll be fine with stickers on a lid for trackdays. I have real issues with cheap lids though and they don't come much cheaper than £50. As the saying goes £50 helmet for a £50 head. What your looking for is the gold sticker (British Motorcycle Sport sticker) on the back of the lid, if it's there then it's approved for racing and is a decent lid. Not all lids are approved for racing so you really need to check. You'll not need a gold stickered lid for trackdays but your heads better off if it's there. I'd sooner wear a £50 gold stickered lid than a £100 non gold stickered lid (I actually wear a Shark Race R Pro Du Puniet replica at £630 and is used in MotoGP). Also something to bear in mind is that most glues used on vinyl contain solvents that can damage the surface of a helmet and it's recommended that unless specifically designed to go on a helmet you don't put and stickers on them.

On another note to this:

I hope you chose stickers that have compatible glue, standard sticker adhesive can attack and weaken the plastics used in helmet manufacture

I used to sticker my helmets up ala Need for speed Pro street stylee but now I'm 'grown up' i prefer plain helmets lol.

You'll be fine with stickers on a lid for trackdays. I have real issues with cheap lids though and they don't come much cheaper than £50. As the saying goes £50 helmet for a £50 head. What your looking for is the gold sticker (British Motorcycle Sport sticker) on the back of the lid, if it's there then it's approved for racing and is a decent lid. Not all lids are approved for racing so you really need to check. You'll not need a gold stickered lid for trackdays but your heads better off if it's there. I'd sooner wear a £50 gold stickered lid than a £100 non gold stickered lid (I actually wear a Shark Race R Pro Du Puniet replica at £630 and is used in MotoGP). Also something to bear in mind is that most glues used on vinyl contain solvents that can damage the surface of a helmet and it's recommended that unless specifically designed to go on a helmet you don't put and stickers on them.

SIGNED!!!!

Sorry fella you would have been better with the sweaty one imo.

You can get SNELL SA2010 rated ones starting around £150ish, daft not to imo.

Sorry fella you would have been better with the sweaty one imo.

You can get SNELL SA2010 rated ones starting around £150ish, daft not to imo.

Snell standards are very high (much higher than the British Standard) though very few helmets in this country tell you if they have passed the Snell tests (it's really a USA thing). Your much more likely to find the 'SHARP' star rating on the box and the BMS gold sticker on the back in the UK.

That lid looks like an OMP Star and if it is carries no motorsport accreditation. The stickers do make it look better though.

I have a full face hedtec SNEL SA2010 one which iirc cost me £185 new!

guba9u5u.jpg

jazyquby.jpg

amu8usum.jpg

i see where your coming from mate but this helmet is good enough for me for now,i've only done one track day but plan on doing a few more,if things get serious and i start doing regular sessions then i'll upgrade the skid lid for some like your talking about

i see where your coming from mate but this helmet is good enough for me for now,i've only done one track day but plan on doing a few more,if things get serious and i start doing regular sessions then i'll upgrade the skid lid for some like your talking about

To be fair I did my first trackday in a lid I bought in Lidl! Wouldn't do it now though.

You'll be addicted already, there's noting you can do about it either. Start saving is my advice.

This is my current lid which is mainly used when I'm out on the bike but I also use it for trackdays (also before anybody says tinted visors are not illegal in Northern Ireland):

IMAG0055-1.gif

And the old trackday beast. Was quicker than it had any right to be but it was far from standard in any aspect:, sadly the old tin worm got the better of it this year:

photo-20120428-200151.gif

Last edited: