helmet stickers

You could also do with a clio197/200.net sticker on there too:wink::wink::wink:

come on roy you sold me the dam things,ha ha ha

about 20mins after i stuck them on the postman delivered my gold members upgrade pack with gold club stickers,can you believe it!!! think i'll stick with the black though...

On another note to this:

I hope you chose stickers that have compatible glue, standard sticker adhesive can attack and weaken the plastics used in helmet manufacture

i did look into this a little mate and somewhere i read its more the solvents used to remove the stickers that can cause damage to the helmet as oppose to the glue on the stickers,don't know how true that is...

They do open face ones but I went for a closed face in case I do an open top pass ride or track day/driving experience.

Like you say, Nawt worse than someone else's sweaty head lol

Since we're all waving our dicks at how posh/expensive and homologated our helmets are, (not aimed at OP, subsequent posts :wink:) I'd just like to end this thread.

£400 Arai SK-5, with custom JLF Designs paint

BE29BCB2-C7DC-41DC-9E38-F247EA734F3F-21932-0000090BFA326F8A.jpg

Thankyou.

Since we're all waving our dicks at how posh/expensive and homologated our helmets are, (not aimed at OP, subsequent posts :wink:) I'd just like to end this thread.

£400 Arai SK-5, with custom JLF Designs paint

BE29BCB2-C7DC-41DC-9E38-F247EA734F3F-21932-0000090BFA326F8A.jpg

Thankyou.

we have a winner! very nice matey...

come on then guy lets see whay you've got,can anyone beat the bench mark jasons set???

Not a bad lid that nutnutwelshman, esp the HANS anchor points incase you decide to go that route. Great price too. What sort of weight is it?

I have an OMP Star open face helmet, don't see much need in investing hundreds seeing as i don't have an open top car and i'm not a pro racing driver haha.

omp-star-helmet.jpg

i did look into this a little mate and somewhere i read its more the solvents used to remove the stickers that can cause damage to the helmet as oppose to the glue on the stickers,don't know how true that is...

Its both mate, when we get anything for our helmets in work we use particular companies to supply suitable stickers, you can tell the difference when you attempt to peel them off, they dont leave any residue at all from the glue/sticker

Not all helmets are plastic though, well polycarbonate.

This is the stuff the cheaper helmets are made of and the ones you have to be carefull with on stickers, no painting of those either.

Fibreglass or composites used for helmets are fine though.

The gold stickers for motorcycle racing shows it's a good helmet but not all helmets are for motorcyclists, some are car specific and are more than up to the job but will not have that gold sticker.

As said above, the snell standard is a good thing to look for.

I'll just polish my helmet and i'll get a pic of it :tongueout:roud:

One of my old customers at my last job used to test safety equipment to destruction.

You'd be surprised how many of the ''good'' helmets are infact ''just'' passing these tests.

Bell
Arai
OMP
Stilo
V2

Were the ones that I was told to ''invest in if you like having the gift of brain power''. Simpson ones weren't rated highly at all, surprisingly.

I have the older version of the OMP Speed 10 (OMP Gran Turismo). It looks virtually the same as this but without HANS posts. Mine's a gunmetal colour with the vents painted in illuminous blue... Had it for about two years now, nice and light. Although I'm looking to change it in the near future and will most likely be going for a V2. Saying that, I know the OMP ones fit my head nicely so chances are I'll just upgrade to this and send it off to Didi to be painted up...

Speed-10-HANS.jpg

One thing I've read or been told at some point is that Motorcycle helmets are designed specifically to withstand single high level impacts whereas dedicated karting/car helmets are designed to withstand multiple impacts.

However true that is a helmet of some kind is better than none at all, luckily being an ex biker I just use my now ageing Arai Chaser.

Motorcycle helmets are designed specifically to withstand single high level impacts whereas dedicated karting/car helmets are designed to withstand multiple impacts.

Very simply, yes. That's what I'd had explained to me too.

There's different tests and different angles/pressure points. The helmets will deform differently depending on type too. They do a ''sharp test'' which as the name suggests, measure if/how the lower side parts of a helmet deform and break up under stress. This would be the most common impact for a biker going over the handlebars for example and some of the stuff they were telling me was scary. Basically the whole jaw piece smashing off and embedding itself in your face at very high speed with very sharp edges... Crush tests are another one that have different tolerance levels depending on the type of approval/certification the manufacturer is trying to attain for a particular helmet.