Has your gearbox been replaced? Yes or no?

Have you had the gearbox in your 197 / 200 replaced?

• No - I'm still running the original gearbox

Votes: 420 72.9%
  • Yes - I'm running a replacement gearbox

Votes: 156 27.1%

• Total voters
100 000 km's reached 2 days ago :thumbup: (62.5k miles ) still same box :smiley:

195944_4440870822600_158442464_n.jpg

just brought mine 57 plate 53k and i get crunching if i change on shift light in 3rd and 4th if i leave it a second the it wont crunch but m mates has been like it 2 years and it dont bother him and hasent broke lol. how much is this problem to get fixed i may get warrenty with a company leave it 6 months and see if they will do this ??

Thanks guys

Been in contact with Renault over this recently. They maintain that it is not a common problem or an engineering fault. Anyone got any copies of emails / letters they sent to get a decent contribution from renault. My car has only done 27k, cant believe that it has this problem!

Been in contact with Renault over this recently. They maintain that it is not a common problem or an engineering fault. Anyone got any copies of emails / letters they sent to get a decent contribution from renault. My car has only done 27k, cant believe that it has this problem!

they only need to look on their own forum to see its not isolated cases...

Mine is changing now!

30'000km, 3rd syncro HS.

Any recommendation for the running (rodage in french)?
PS: it's a new gearbox and I added a Quaife! :innocent:

Still in contact with Renault over my gearbox problem cannot believe that a 4 year old car needs a new gearbox with only 27k on the clock and that the cost through Renault is £2300!

Still in contact with Renault over my gearbox problem cannot believe that a 4 year old car needs a new gearbox with only 27k on the clock and that the cost through Renault is £2300!

Let us know how you get on with them?

They told me recently (RCS) that it is entirely down to driving style. I contacted them as my car is nearly out of the new car warranty, ok so far but pooping myself about the future.

They sell the car as a hot hatch, organise RS trackdays, fit a short ratio gearbox to a high revving engine. The car should be designed to be driven as intended, it should be fit for purpose!

Couldn't agree more. I told her (RCS manager) that people would be most unimpressed with that kind of statement.

They told me recently (RCS) that it is entirely down to driving style. I contacted them as my car is nearly out of the new car warranty, ok so far but pooping myself about the future.

ask them to expalin how this can be...

I did, got a load of waffle from someone who clearly has no mechanical knowledge. I posed the question about how maintaining a full Renault service history would help a gearbox which has no service interval, the resulting nonsense I would rather not post...

They sell the car as a hot hatch, organise RS trackdays, fit a short ratio gearbox to a high revving engine. The car should be designed to be driven as intended, it should be fit for purpose!

This is the statement you have to keep using!!

I did, got a load of waffle from someone who clearly has no mechanical knowledge. I posed the question about how maintaining a full Renault service history would help a gearbox which has no service interval, the resulting nonsense I would rather not post...

It's about time someone from renault came on here to see these posts and give a reasonable respose.

I had a call from a senior customer service manager called Sam Lavington on Friday, she proceeded to tell me that it was either my fault or the previous owners fault in how the vehicle has been driven.

Even when I stated that the gearbox is a non service item she told me that it is now out of warranty so I am lucky to be offered anything.

As others have said I am not sure that the people we are speaking to are mechanically minded. The only way this fault would have been avoided is if the gearbox was never used. Clearly this has to be a design problem?

I have put a thread on the renault sport forum and an admin did look into my case to be fair but he told me that I was already being offered a fair amount. 50% is not even in the same region as other owners have been offered, many have been offered 75% with one owner famously getting 97.5% of the costs paid by Renault for a replacement gearbox.

I will now be writing another email to the RUK MD.

In the last few weeks I noticed my gearbox has gone. started to do the famous 4th gear crunch, and a weird 1st to 2nd gear pop. great timing as my service due notice is also up and I just lost my job.

I contacted RUK and have so far got 75% off the gearbox and a years warranty on parts and labour which i have yet to say yes to, however the man from RUK was adamant its not a common problem even when i mentioned this site and various threads. He was more concerned with making sure i was going to have my service at a Renault dealership at the cost of £440 !

This got me thinking about the poll results here, 25% with new boxes, and the thread posted last week or whenever it was about Renault selling their 30,000th renaultsport. surely this means that on average that 7,500 RS clio's have had new gearboxes. not counting all the people who have had rebuilt ones or factoring in people who's car's are too new for the problem to surface yet.

How can they keep avoiding this ? And does anyone have any tips for getting the last 25% out of them. Cheers