How to tell if the gearbox has ever been replaced...

Is there anyway to check if the 'box has been changed?

Am I right in saying that the new gear boxes have taller ratios? @ 70mph in sixth my car is at 3500ish revs.

Thanks Chaps

if you know where to look theres a build data plate on the end of the gearbox...

We didnt get any paperwork to say our box had been replaced.

Thats what I have been told, that there is a good chance the previous owner (who seems to of keep every other doc with the car inc receipts for bulbs) never received any docs about it.

When I have had warrentee work done I have had to pester for a paper proof of the work

Thats what I have been told, that there is a good chance the previous owner (who seems to of keep every other doc with the car inc receipts for bulbs) never received any docs about it.

When I have had warrentee work done I have had to pester for a paper proof of the work

I have never received anything from Renault listing the warranty work on mine. :worried:

Might do a data protection request. :smiley:

Got the dealership to pull up all the old info. Its a was supplied with a t04 box and there has never been a warranty claim. So unless its been done else where its the original box. Need to get under and see if the serial match.