GW 200 CUP (clubsport->racecar->v2)

Properly sad reading this. Mind blowing how the tank ruptured like it did too!
Glad you're sticking with it/a replacement

Reactions: LiamP
Sorry to hear about the crash. I am glad you are going to build v2 as it would be a waste just to bin it off. Just think of the upgrades you can make to the next car!

• Haha
Aww man, absolutely gutted for you. I'd been following this thread as one of my favourites and I was impressed at the amount of work you'd done yourself. Kudos to you that you've felt comfortable laying it out warts and all on this thread. I'm just glad you're ok, must have been a hell of a scare to end up upside down.

I don't have many spare parts, I can offer you a pair of 200 headlights, um, some OEM coolant hoses, that's about it, no charge. The forum is behind you for the re-shell I'm sure. Keep your chin up. At the very least it'll be a fantastic story to tell the grand kids in 40 years time.

Aww man, absolutely gutted for you. I'd been following this thread as one of my favourites and I was impressed at the amount of work you'd done yourself. Kudos to you that you've felt comfortable laying it out warts and all on this thread. I'm just glad you're ok, must have been a hell of a scare to end up upside down.

I don't have many spare parts, I can offer you a pair of 200 headlights, um, some OEM coolant hoses, that's about it, no charge. The forum is behind you for the re-shell I'm sure. Keep your chin up. At the very least it'll be a fantastic story to tell the grand kids in 40 years time.

Legend, should have a good idea of what I need soon but tbh I am a bit baffled as to how much survived.

Just seen the onboard video, holy shit mate that was a big one. Bet that was one hell of an adrenaline spike. I'm gonna have to watch that a few times in slow motion. The back end goes, and you apply counter steering but it seems to have no effect and the car just swings round regardless. Have you ruled out mechanical failure? Just looks so decisive that it was going round regardless of your inputs.

Bet you're glad you went full cage, helmet and HANS. I don't feel too much of a full-kit wanker after watching that. The fuel into the cabin was scary.

Just seen the onboard video, holy shit mate that was a big one. Bet that was one hell of an adrenaline spike. I'm gonna have to watch that a few times in slow motion. The back end goes, and you apply counter steering but it seems to have no effect and the car just swings round regardless. Have you ruled out mechanical failure? Just looks so decisive that it was going round regardless of your inputs.

Bet you're glad you went full cage, helmet and HANS. I don't feel too much of a full-kit wanker after watching that. The fuel into the cabin was scary.

Yeah it was big, the adrenaline wore off at about 11pm that evening, don't think I slept for about 3 days after.

I haven't found anything that looks to have failed before the crash, there is a bump right at the apex on Surtees which makes the car 3 wheel so everything is on that rear right. My assumption is that I had gone past the grip limit before then and then I didn't have any grip left to pull it straight again, like you said keeping my foot planted made zero difference.

ooof - sorry to see, but glad you're ok.

likewise makes me wonder whether i should be in a full cage!

When I started motorcycling I remember someone once said that the point at which you're sliding down the road on your arse, bouncing off the kerb is the point at which you need to ask yourself how much you wished you'd spent on decent safety gear. Thankfully I've never had an off, but I do have decent clothing and helmet. Same is the track car, full cage, decent seats, 6 point harness, gloves, helmet and HANS.

Reactions: LiamP and M154MATT
IMG_6998.jpeg

So I bought the CarbonWurks / Pro-Line shell, seemed mad to be committing so soon after crashing but I knew it wasn’t going to stay for sale for long. I got a bargain, paid less than the asking with a load of parts including mounts, spares, subframe and rad/fan, which is about 90% of what I broke.

IMG_6988.jpeg

Carbon fibre bonnet/wing/scoop, fibreglass doors and bonnet, it’s about 100x more race car, might need to tone it down a tad but we shall see. The original thread is well worth a read, ironically I based a few decisions on mine from it.

IMG_7001.jpeg

IMG_7020.jpeg

Apparently weighing 944kg (dry) although this was with a racing loom, fibreglass bumpers and seq box however if that weight is to be believed it should still be sub 1000 once it has been built with my parts.

My shell is now gutted, looking very sad.

IMG_6986.jpeg

IMG_7007.jpeg

Already started rebuilding, it has so many parts already fitted (fuel tank/lines/dash/brake booster/loom etc) that its almost plug and play with my drivetrain, I really don't see it taking long to get this something rolling soon.

IMG_7019.jpeg

I want to race this car, the weight makes it tricky, assuming I can get it sub 1000 I am well overpower for class B HH and underpower for class A (~190 vs 200 BHP/t limit) I could go steel doors/tailgate and try and ballast up but tbh I am thinking maybe just see how light I can get it and just race.

That looks awesome I watched the video about the car on YouTube so know how much work went into that shell. Once again glad your OK and as said way to get back up again (hums chumbawumba song).

That looks awesome I watched the video about the car on YouTube so know how much work went into that shell. Once again glad your OK and as said way to get back up again (hums chumbawumba song).

Yeah the video is well worth a watch, serious money spent

Reactions: M154MATT