I may pay Engine Dynamics a visit later this year to see if the ported and polished inlets and the V6 airbox have made any difference to my car.
Yeah I’d be interested to see what they do.

When I spoke to him he said it would be minimal over my custom pro ram set up but every little counts with these engines as it’s so hard to get anything out of them!

Reactions: burrellbloke
I gave the car a wash today. It had not been cleaned for some time. About 8 weeks ago there were a few downpours which dumped a load of sand from the Middle East on the car. I had noticed in the Brands Hatch photos that the wheels showed up deposits of sand/dirt that had come to rest and dry on the car.

IMG_3210.jpeg

I find washing cars quite cathartic, and like it when the car is finally clean.

IMG_3213.jpeg

Whilst I was drying the car and cleaning the wheels @EthanMenace came out and jacked up the car to measure up for the next upgrade. The car has gone past the point of no return with the rear seats out and a half cage installed. It is unlikely to ever be restored to a road car. We have decided to put in some brake ducts and he was measuring up - that is why the fog light blank is missing from the passenger side.

We have owned the Clio for 2 years now. I am really pleased how the car has developed over those 2 years. There are still lots of plans to tweak the car more and of course track it more.

The Direzzas I bought recently should be delivered soon. Hopefully I will get the Ultraleggeras refurbished and the Direzzas on to use as track wheels before Croft.

To celebrate the installation of the Gripper the Wife bought me a birthday present.

Screenshot 2022-04-29 at 06.38.00.png

I have had a few deliveries this week. The set of Direzzas that I bought for £200 turned up as described with about 4mm of tread on them.

I managed to buy a misdescribed 200 passenger side headlight for £20 from eBay. It was described as Megane mk3 light but if is definitely a 200 light. Hopefully this can be butchered in to a cold air feed for track days - provided that it does not take a ridiculous amount of time to take out/put in the headlight each time it needs to be installed or removed.

I ordered some pates yesterday morning and they turned up today, even without paying for next day delivery - result.

Is 3M heavy duty velcro strong enough to hold plates on?

I stuck some plates on my Megane with some double sided sticky pads and they have not fallen off. I like the idea of taking the plate off to clean behind it.

Reactions: Paul_D
I ordered some pates yesterday morning and they turned up today, even without paying for next day delivery - result.

Is 3M heavy duty velcro strong enough to hold plates on?

I stuck some plates on my Megane with some double sided sticky pads and they have not fallen off. I like the idea of taking the plate off to clean behind it.
Yes the velcro will be fine. I have 3 strips on mine and they take a fair bit of pulling to remove the plates.

Reactions: burrellbloke
Today was "Wheel Wednesday".

I had dropped the Ultraleggeras off at a place in Essex called Rolling Rims on Friday last week to have them refurbished. The wheels were originally silver.

IMG_2580.jpeg

I got a text message this morning informing me that the wheels were done so I picked them up this afternoon. They have been painted in what I described as Clio Williams Gold to Rolling Rims. They also got rid of the oversize Falken tyres that were on the wheels and have replaced them with the part worn Direzzas that were delivered recently.

IMG_3280.jpeg

The wheels look really good.

IMG_3284.jpeg

The Ultraleggeras are 17 inch with an offset of ET40. I am fairly sure that they are going to rub on track days even when the GazGolds are set to be fairly firm. They tuck in nicely at the front.

IMG_3285.jpeg

This second photo is with a standard 7.5J ET68 Speedline with a 20mm spacer on it.

IMG_3286.jpeg

We took the car for a quick drive trying to apply as much lock as possible coming out of junctions and driving energetically round roundabouts. So far so good, but I suspect that the real test will be driving in more extreme conditions round a track.

IMG_3332.jpeg

Today was "Wheel Wednesday".

I had dropped the Ultraleggeras off at a place in Essex called Rolling Rims on Friday last week to have them refurbished. The wheels were originally silver.

View attachment 150259

I got a text message this morning informing me that the wheels were done so I picked them up this afternoon. They have been painted in what I described as Clio Williams Gold to Rolling Rims. They also got rid of the oversize Falken tyres that were on the wheels and have replaced them with the part worn Direzzas that were delivered recently.

View attachment 150260

The wheels look really good.

View attachment 150261

The Ultraleggeras are 17 inch with an offset of ET40. I am fairly sure that they are going to rub on track days even when the GazGolds are set to be fairly firm. They tuck in nicely at the front.

View attachment 150262

This second photo is with a standard 7.5J ET68 Speedline with a 20mm spacer on it.

View attachment 150263

We took the car for a quick drive trying to apply as much lock as possible coming out of junctions and driving energetically round roundabouts. So far so good, but I suspect that the real test will be driving in more extreme conditions round a track.

View attachment 150264
Looks great !

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk