Fuel Consumption - How many miles do you get from a FULL TANK?

I tend to get about 380miles to a tank. I could push that to 400 if I was brave, but as most of my driving is motorway breaking down on the M1 due to lack of fuel isnt something I fancy.

I don't even drive fast (most of the time).
My 5 mile drive to work is through the centre of Sheffield, i have 21 sets of lights to stop and start at on the way to work and 23 on the way home!!!!

Maybe i should buy a C1 for the daily run to work? :tongueout:inky:

My Aygo does 400 miles on a 35 litre tank. :thumbup:

By that calculation, I'd get 630 out of a tank that is the same size as the Clio's.

Not quite as fun as the Clio though, may I add.

I regularly get 400-420 from a full tank. It's not hard.
Lowest I've had was 380 (since July ish when I first got the car was lucky to see 320 lol)

Last edited:
guys i need help!

i can not access the petrol tank :worried:
i have a key card which opens the central lock on all 3 doors, but not opening the petrol-tank-door!!!
does it happen the same with anyone already?

what is the solution, pls?

i know its off-topic, but its an emergency

cheers,
Tamas

could you imagine, how i felt yesterday at the petrol station????i was lucky and were able to drive back home, but...

Just to refresh this thread.

I have been looking at a 197 for a long time now but do around 300 miles/week. Quite alot in the modern climate.

I drove a newer diesel around for a while and saving the money on fuel just meant spending it on something else. I now drive a 98 Nissan Primera diesel which does around 460 miles to a tank.

Looking at this thread, ive seen some people get more and some less miles.

I am used to driving economically and do probably 70% of my milage on motorway or a roads where cruising is possible. Which should make my MPG in a 197 fairly good.

My friend has a 225 and gets around the same MPG on average as a well driven 197.. (about 37mpg)

Am happy to read that you can get good MPG out of them still, and I would be happy sat cruising and not going too mad as I want the car as much for its looks and image as the drive.

What do people think about the milage doing about 300 a week 210 miles of that at about 60mph on m'way.

Thanks

On the motorway the engine is hardly under any load so if you keep it in sixth and stay nice and smooth/consistent (or just whack CC on) then I think around 35MPG would be just about achievable. The other 90ish Miles might bring that average down a fair bit though depending on wether they're around town or along nice roads. :smile:

We can get 400 miles to a tank. Only go so far as 350 though as that's just above the red.

At the weekend I filled up.

420 on 53.64 litres. I was in for some real pain from the wife if I had run out. Always the way when you looking for fuel the Petrol Stations dissapear.

36.3 mpg

The Wife has now done 35.7 mpg over the last 5000 miles...... but she does drive like miss daisy. She used to get 40 mpg from he 182 & was not far off the running costs of her Fabia VRS.

And you do need to keep it below 70mph on the Motorway.

I think my Megane R26 is slighty better on steady cruise as its longer geared with more Torque.

My commute is 25 miles each way cross-country...I pass through half a dozen villages, and in total, probably have to press the brake pedal no more than 10 times each way.

When driving for fun I see 33 mpg, when driving sanely I get 35-37 mpg, when driving to see how much I can squeeze out of it I have seen just shy of 41 mpg.

That says almost 500 miles is possible. Couldn't keep my foot off the loud pedal long enough to find out though!

guys i need help!

i can not access the petrol tank :worried:
i have a key card which opens the central lock on all 3 doors, but not opening the petrol-tank-door!!!
does it happen the same with anyone already?

what is the solution, pls?

i know its off-topic, but its an emergency

cheers,
Tamas

could you imagine, how i felt yesterday at the petrol station????i was lucky and were able to drive back home, but...

Did this guy ever figure out how to get into this? I imagine him still waiting trying to fill up with fuel.